Genesis 7 petite wins Editor's Choice

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Whenever anybody asks me which is my favorite loudspeaker in the Genesis line, they always expect me to name one of the big, expensive ones, but really my favorite is the baby of the line - the Genesis 7 petite or G7p. I love it because it does so much for being so little. In a small room, they are as much loudspeaker as I want - without a subwoofer. When you walk into the Genesis office, you hear them filling the large space as our background music server.

I am therefore very proud and honored that the Genesis 7.2 'petite' loudspeaker was just awarded "Editor's Choice" by the French-language Magazine-Audio.

The Editor of the magazine, Marc Philip, states that "They are Beautiful. They are Musical. They are Addictive - speakers that give meaning to the phrase 'listening pleasure'. At $3500 for the pair, they remain excellent value, and unmatched in today's market where you would have to spend not less than double or even triple to begin to see a serious rival."

Read more here:
http://www.magazine-audio.com/2012/genesis-7-2p/

G7p small.jpg

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Whenever anybody asks me which is my favorite loudspeaker in the Genesis line, they always expect me to name one of the big, expensive ones, but really my favorite is the baby of the line - the Genesis 7 petite or G7p. I love it because it does so much for being so little. In a small room, they are as much loudspeaker as I want - without a subwoofer. When you walk into the Genesis office, you hear them filling the large space as our background music server.

I am therefore very proud and honored that the Genesis 7.2 'petite' loudspeaker was just awarded "Editor's Choice" by the French-language Magazine-Audio.

The Editor of the magazine, Marc Philip, states that "They are Beautiful. They are Musical. They are Addictive - speakers that give meaning to the phrase 'listening pleasure'. At $3500 for the pair, they remain excellent value, and unmatched in today's market where you would have to spend not less than double or even triple to begin to see a serious rival."

Read more here:
http://www.magazine-audio.com/2012/genesis-7-2p/

View attachment 5381

Congrats! Well deserved. I've always thought it's much easier for a designer to come up with a great sounding cost no object component or speaker than one built to a price point!

Last edited:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Congratulations Gary! Now I feel bad. :( I was in Singapore and stumbled on the Ocean Way horns with Viola electronics. I gave them a good listen and thought they were extremely good. Unfortunately we had to go to the airport. As we were leaving we saw that they had a set up with your babies on the other side of the room. We really wanted to listen to them but we were cutting it very close. I hope to get a chance to listen to them soon.

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
Congrats! Well deserved. I've always thought it's much easier for a designer to come up with a great sounding cost no object component or speaker than one built to a price point!

Thanks, Myles. Unfortunately, I wasn't as disciplined as that.... when I finished the design, my sister looked at the BOM and yelled - "it costs how much?!?!?" My response was "The value of quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten."

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
Congratulations Gary! Now I feel bad. :( I was in Singapore and stumbled on the Ocean Way horns with Viola electronics. I gave them a good listen and thought they were extremely good. Unfortunately we had to go to the airport. As we were leaving we saw that they had a set up with your babies on the other side of the room. We really wanted to listen to them but we were cutting it very close. I hope to get a chance to listen to them soon.

Thanks, Jack. Yes - the Ocean Way/Viola installation in Singapore is great! You'll find another chance to hear my babies.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

I had that once in Miami...on the ground for an overnight...never made it up north to the audio dealer...Boulder, SF Aida, Zanden, Air Tight, serious room...darn! I have managed on 3 occassions to fly though a dealer on way to airport though...well worth it every time. ;)

A.wayne

Jan 14, 2011
Front Row Center

Not really , it's actually more difficult the other way, cost , complexities , expectations and diminishing returns , pressure makes ... :)

Congrats Gary, well placed ...... :cool:

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
Not really , it's actually more difficult the other way, cost , complexities , expectations and diminishing returns , pressure makes ... :)

Congrats Gary, well placed ...... :cool:

Thanks, Anthony.

It's true about a cost-no-object component. Where do you stop? Going too far beyond the point of diminishing returns result in an uneconomic project if you don't sell enough of them. Some design will never be recouped, but what you learn doing that design can be used in other projects.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Congratulations Gary! I'll have to drop by at Angie's to hear them, unless you'll have them at TAVES. Either way, it's a speaker that I can actually afford (not now, but you get the gist).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing