Stand mounted speakers

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
I was not sure where to turn for this advice so I thought I would try here.

My new speakers are stand mounted but they weigh about 130 pounds each. I have received my custom built Sound Anchor stands, and included are these 1 inch diameter blue dots that are to be placed between the speaker and the stand.

The dots have peel off paper on both sides so that, if removed, the sticky side can be attached to the stand and then the other side faces up (without removing the peel off paper), onto which the speaker sits. That is all well and good if the speaker is light and you can carefully place it EXACTLY where it is supposed to be. But in my case, even with two people placing the speaker, it needs to be adjusted on the stand ---and hence the problem. If you try to slide the speaker into the exactl location on the stand, the peel off paper comes off and (a) the sticky part can remove finish on the speakers and (b) it makes moving the speaker difficult.

Has anyone used these before and if so, how did you solve this problem. Is there another product that I can place between the speakers and stand to couple them that will not hurt the finish? I remember Blu Tac as a name. How well does it work?

Last edited:

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Instead of placing the speaker on the stand, turn the speaker upside down and place the stand on the speaker. Then turn the whole thing upright. I used Velcro squares.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
As to the weight I guess that's what friends are for. Yes they are attached to the speaker. And the other side is then glued to the stand. Then when you need to remove the speaker you just pull the velcro pads apart. A little rubbing alcohol should remove the glue if necessary. You might be better off with some hard rubber washers from home depot.

Nicholas Bedworth

WBF Founding Member
May 7, 2010
Maui, where else?
Where's a good place to order Velcro pads? I need to mount some acoustical panels on the wall; they weigh about 5 pounds each so perhaps 4 pads at each corner could take the load.

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
You can buy a role of velcro that is about 2 inches wide and about 50 feet long at Home Depot. Cut it to length. Having hung many acoustical panels on the wall, I HIGHLY recommend in addition to using the sticky surface of the velcro to staple the strip to the wall as well.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Smaller pre-cut pads may be located at your local fabric, hobby or craft store.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing