wizard

Oct 17, 2010
wizard-highend.blogspot.com
View attachment 5283

View attachment 5284

View attachment 5285

Optional HRS base

Price from €64000.

Everything is air here - air-vacuum, air-bearing and air legs.
And it has a belt tension adjuster.
Buttons on the right side - Stop, Speeds 33 1/3 + 45, Bright and Suction.

TechDas has no sound of its own.

This will be next turntable (my third in my setup), I will use it with Davinci Virtu arm,Ikeda KAI and Lyra Atlas pickups.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Curious that two manufacturers name turntables having air bearing spindles Air Force One - my turntable is the Forsell Air Force One. AFAIK they have no similarity with the "Air Force One" we all know!

airbearing

May 2, 2012
Munich - Germany
why paying so much money for a technology which was already introduced 25 years ago - maybe at that time looking more like a manifest of machinery building but without plastic parts and the flexibilityof mounting four arms for less than half the amount of the TechDas

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Optional HRS base

Price from €64000.

Everything is air here - air-vacuum, air-bearing and air legs.
And it has a belt tension adjuster.
Buttons on the right side - Stop, Speeds 33 1/3 + 45, Bright and Suction.

TechDas has no sound of its own.

This will be next turntable (my third in my setup), I will use it with Davinci Virtu arm,Ikeda KAI and Lyra Atlas pickups.

Does it use an AC or DC motor?

Also was curious about the HRS base for the table. I understand cutout for the motor but also for the turntable feet? Or am I now seeing something correctly?

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
Am I too old to join the Air Force?

Wow, this table is the new KING. I had my hands all over it yesterday and it is a tour de technical force, or I should say "air" force. HP told me that he thinks it may be the best in the world. I had a private session with it and Bob Graham yesterday and to say I was impressed would be mild. The table is dead quite (HP says this is the number one attribute), the vacuum is dead silent, rapping the side of the table while the recording is playing is amazing... no noise through the system. None nadda nothin honey.

Please keep a drool cloth handy if you are lucky enough to see one. Two units will be at CES- in the Genesis and Lamm suites. If Harvey were alive he'd say bring a ginty.

Attachments

• Air Force One.jpg
    Air Force One.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 1,102
  • Air Force One.jpg
    Air Force One.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 1,204

Peter Breuninger

Jul 20, 2010
You are never too old to join the Air Force

Wow, this table is the new KING. I had my hands all over it yesterday and it is a tour de technical force, or I should say "air" force. HP told me that he thinks it may be the best in the world. I had a private session with it and Bob Graham yesterday and to say I was impressed would be mild. The table is dead quite (HP says this is the number one attribute), the vacuum is dead silent, rapping the side of the table while the recording is playing is amazing... no noise through the system. None nadda nothin honey.

Please keep a drool cloth handy if you are lucky enough to see one. Two units will be at CES- in the Genesis and Lamm suites. If Harvey were alive he'd say bring a ginty.

Air Force One.jpg

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Looks like a massive amebeoid presence preparing to grab one with pseudopods of musical enjoyment.

airbearing

May 2, 2012
Munich - Germany

View attachment 7058

Peter,
I have seen the TechDas in Munich and was a bit dissapointed about the used plastic parts on the surface and the missing second motor on the right side balancing the force vectors. Nevertheless it is a built manifest and your experiences show it is a serious contender in the top class. BTW do you see new concepts and technologies in the TechDas?
best

Peter Breuninger

Jul 20, 2010
I see ultra refinements of existing air bearing/vacuum hold down technologies. I saw no used plastic parts and I'm not sure what is meant by a missing second motor. The video will be edited this week and the AV (showrooms) web destination will be built for it. The designer will be interviewed next month and more video of the table in action will be added. As cool as it is I have to say that the Triangle Art Signature table is as desirable (to me as a consumer and to me as a reviewer) at a much lower price point. If I had the space I'd own both. My dream table 5 "A" team would thus be: Air Force One, the new Goldmund, Clearaudio Master Reference, Transrotor Gravita and the Basis WOA. Speaking of the Goldmund has anyone here seen it in person?

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
It beg the question- Where is the air bearing tangential tonearm. It's all the range don't you know.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
It beg the question- Where is the air bearing tangential tonearm. It's all the range don't you know.

perhaps Graham's hot rodded Phantom Supreme excels over linear trackers ? Nice to know that arm is highly regarded enough to be recommended/implemented for this statement product.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing