playback mpd 3

hr2

Apr 2, 2011
I Have a problem with my playback mpd 3. Recently i noted that of i stop the playing i hear clearly and consistentely a rustling which increase when I raise the volume. This rustling in my opinion is very high ad sometimes i hear that which seems radio noise. Is it normal ? I ask to owners of playback dac.

I use an ampli,and a pre air tight but they are very quite
Ciro

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I Have a problem with my playback mpd 3. Recently i noted that of i stop the playing i hear clearly and consistentely a rustling which increase when I raise the volume. This rustling in my opinion is very high ad sometimes i hear that which seems radio noise. Is it normal ? I ask to owners of playback dac.

I use an ampli,and a pre air tight but they are very quite
Ciro

Could it be a bad tube?

hr2

Apr 2, 2011
This e la risposta di riproduzione.

My apologies for the poor response earlier on your question. Here is what is going on in our converters:
Every D/A converter requires an analog low-pass filter at its output. This is to get rid of high frequency noise that is not correlated with the music signal. There are many different ways for how to design this filter. Most manufacturer make this filter very steep or sharp to minimize the remaining noise and to achieve best measurements. However, there is a price to be paid: the steeper this filter is, the more the sonic performance (i.e. musicality) is impacted.
Since the noise is not correlated to the music signal, it is like listening to music with your window open when you might hear a little the wind outside. Uncorrelated noise does not distract from listening. Therefore, we have designed our filter not to minimize this noise, but rather to optimize the sonic performance with the lowest possible noise and without impacting the listening experience. So now if you stop playing music and turn the volume up you can hear more noise with our converter than with others. That is normal and was designed to optimize the sonic performance.

By the way, will you come to the Top Audio show in Milano? I will be there and would be happy to discuss this in more detail with you if you like.

I hope this helps.
Best regards,
Andreas Koch

hr2

Apr 2, 2011
I just wanted to know if any of you have tried using the file paused raising the volume to feel this much noise ... that's all.

hr2

Apr 2, 2011
However, a ringrazziamento to all the forum for the answers that I received.

Onepoint5

Sep 23, 2011
I just wanted to know if any of you have tried using the file paused raising the volume to feel this much noise ... that's all.

Yes, this happened the other day periodically checking for hum. The noise stops when you play, and returns when the player is in pause mode. Thanks for raising it here. If the noise was there in playback it would be bad, but at high levels, the switching noise is inaudible, I am not going to worry about it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing