FM Acoustics 223 Phono Master

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

Emre Üçöz

Aug 1, 2011
Istanbul
From the video it seems on the fly de-ing. And its pretty amazing actually. this is bad news for record cleaners ;)

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
This is my dream phono stage. Aside from sounding excellent, the de-click and de-crackle actually has positive results 98% or 99% of the time and the bonus is that these two circuits do not have any negative effect on the sound. I think there is a lot of circuitry involved in these two circuits as this phono stage feels more than twice as heavy as the FM 222.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
the de-click and de-crackle features are definately cool. I have no need for the RIAA nor verticle adjustments. To bad they don't explain how they are accomplishing this magic. I would need to do extensive a/b comparo of the sound with click on and off to feel confident that it's not infringing on the sound in some way.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Sweet and two inputs. I still kick myself selling the 122 some years back.

What the specs? Could not find them on their website.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Does anybody know if this unit will be on display at RMAF?
The dealer/importer is in Denver, isn't it? Maybe I'll just see if they have it in their showroom...

alexandre

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
There would be no excuse for them not to show other than the risk of their gear not sounding optimum in a given hotel room, hence tarnishing the mystique that is FM.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
right, but how can we be sure there is no sonic degradation ? ...of course FM will not explain it. I love the idea and believe it works, but I'm not convinced the sonics don't take a hit. If they could prove to me it does work w/o degradation, I would start lusting for one....

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
right, but how can we be sure there is no sonic degradation ? ...of course FM will not explain it. I love the idea and believe it works, but I'm not convinced the sonics don't take a hit. If they could prove to me it does work w/o degradation, I would start lusting for one....

There probably is...even if minute. Is this is very high quality Dolby digital noise reduction? That had a tendency to close in treble response to eliminate tape hiss. The question is even if there is sonic degradation, is it so minimscule in comparison to the clear sonic benefit of de-crackling...that you really dont care because frankly no one else provides this. as a non-lp guy, i would take the latter choice because some of those crackles are pretty big...and i suppose with 'perfect' lp...i could just switch it off.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing