Gyphon - New Flagship Speaker - The Pendragon

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Yes, I have, driven by some huge heat radiating gryphon amp (I forget the model name)
Underwhelming in the extreme..
I was expecting this huge scale sound to emit from the 4 towers..what I heard sounded like 2 small stand mount speakers...
I know the room , heard many systems in it, was defintely not that.

I beg to differ . We must be listening to different speakers. My buddy , Dato' Danon Han 's system from Malaysia .
image.jpg

Rodney Gold

Jan 29, 2014
Cape Town South Africa
What can I say ,
I heard what I heard...

Fidach Lad

Jun 24, 2015
Fidach
Yes, I have, driven by some huge heat radiating gryphon amp (I forget the model name)
Underwhelming in the extreme..
I was expecting this huge scale sound to emit from the 4 towers..what I heard sounded like 2 small stand mount speakers...
I know the room , heard many systems in it, was defintely not that.

You make an interesting comment. I don't have any gryphon equipment, but have heard their Mephisto power amplifier and the Diablo integrated paired with some very ordinary UK 2- and 3-way speakers and the Pendragon (only once). I did not hear large differences between the Pendragon and the others. However, what amazed me was how unbelievably superb ordinary speakers can sound with Gryphon amplification. That said, I've never been impressed by "huge scale sound" loudspeakers, possibly because i don't attend many shows where they are featured and, when i have, the setup and rooms were less than ideal. I also don't own any "big sound" equipment, so my reaction may be experientially and intellectually challenged. Now, I've also found other SS electronics from the UK, costing a great deal less, that can do almost the same thing - make some conventional box speakers sound much better than their designer may have ever expected in ordinary places without a lot of fuss.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing