Post a picture of your installed acoustical treatments.

JonFo

Jun 11, 2010
Big Canoe, GA
www.jonathanfoulkes.com
Since Dipole radiators like the MLs need the rear wave managed acoustically, I treated the entire front wall with RealTrap MiniTrap HF (do not reflect any HF). This worked wonders for imaging and smoother mid-bass response from the dipoles.

Here you can see the Center channel in front of the array of MiniTraps:

CenterChannel_Side_sml1.JPG

Note, the black stuff on the left is an acoustically transparent black cloth designed to minimize light reflections from the highly reflective ESL panel.

JonFo

Jun 11, 2010
Big Canoe, GA
www.jonathanfoulkes.com
and a (rather bad) shot of the ceiling treatments in the front of the room:

Those are Real Traps MiniTraps over the L/R speakers, and a Mondo over the center/sub stack.

Ceiling Treatments 002.JPG

Ceiling Treatments 010.JPG

Front corner TriTraps visible in this one

JonFo

Jun 11, 2010
Big Canoe, GA
www.jonathanfoulkes.com
Hi Jonathan. Can you show and give details on how you hung the realtraps from the ceiling? It's hard to tell exactly what you used in the photos, but it looks interesting.

Bill, I used some Acrylic Wall Mounts from this vendor:
http://www.readyacoustics.com/produ...-mounts.html?zenid=i13m9lephnotripodk6t6k8ks3

Looks like they no longer have them in stock.

They are quite convenient for this and wall hanging applications, as they space the absorber away from the wall, and do not require drilling into or modifying the panel. Just screw in the acrylic mount into the wall, and voila, done.

JonFo

Jun 11, 2010
Big Canoe, GA
www.jonathanfoulkes.com
No manufacturer name that I can see. I think he had them made for him.

Contact ReadyAcoustics and see if they can give you some info. Maybe they are just out of stock temporarily and will get more if there are new orders to be had.

loki1957

Sep 19, 2012
Santa Fe NM
http://public.fotki.com/loki1957/pzcs/listening-room-010.html#media
I'm new to this group but not to audio. Here is a link to some pictures of the autistic treatments I use. I was just putting the room together at this point and I haven't taken any new pictures. These are Michael Green PZC's. I used to have a bunch of them in my former listening room. The PZC's are all now painted the same color as the walls so they blend in nice. They really work well.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing