Surfer Almost Swallowed by Whale

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
First time surfing only to experience this. Wow

Maybe its because she was wearing her itsy bitsy teeny weeny all organic krill bikini.

That has happened a few times to kayakers around Santa Cruz the last couple of years with huge whales surfacing nearby and nearly capsizing them, more a spectacular surprise than real danger.

I have just started to learn paddle boarding in the harbor, my neighbor in Santa Cruz has been teaching me. I went to practice on Thursday and was nearly knocked off the board twice by seals who must have thought it was play time.

Killer whales were spotted in the area a few months ago, and a kayak was hit by a great white shark, which was observed several times from the air in the area.

Lots of stuff going on out there under the surface, I am surprised there aren't more casualties.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I have been always scared of the ocean since our honeymoon in Bali, Indonesia when the super waves at night created such a powerful sound splashing towards the shore I thought it was gonna eat us up. Whales, sharks, etc just add more fear. Plus Titanic type disasters and possible drowning scares the hell out of me. A few days ago, our country's Department Secretary for the Interior was traveling on official business on a Cessna plane which malfunctioned and crashed to the sea. He drowned along with the 2 pilots and it took 3 or 4 days for deep sea divers to recover their remains. I'm not the type to visit the ocean side to sniff the fresh air, though my wife and her family absolutely love this.

Last edited:

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I am just returning from Rivera Maya and booked to a tour to swim with Whale Sharks, it was a great experience for me and my family - this huge animals just eat plankton, and size more than 8 mts long - we had a +100 fish there around the boats - very recommended.

Attachments

• CSC_0373.jpg
    CSC_0373.jpg
    505.5 KB · Views: 736

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I'd never go in the ocean again
We were once in our boat in the Puget Sound and a group of orca whales came up beside us. It was the most exhilarating experience. Such massive animals. But such calmness and harmony about them. There are strict rules here about how close you can get to them so I moved away quickly. But neither my wife or I will forget those special few seconds that we spend with them....

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Amazing videos.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing