Biwired balanced interconnects

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
The whole thing sounds like BS to me.

A non-disclosure statement when you purchase not to tell how it's configured? That's ridiculous.

If I had just the slightest bit more interest, I'd buy the cheapest one they sell and post photos.

It sounds like snake oil. Besides, balanced interconnects aren't exactly carrying high current or voltage.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Wizard,

Those cables that use mystery boxes as you say are no mystery. They are about optimizing impedance differences between components and amps/ speakers. While I don't necessarily subscribe to that approach, it is a valid one. Doubling the wire gauge using your bi-wire approach does not mean doubling Siltech princess turns it into a double empress crown. In fact the wire is different being mono crystal silver for the double crown. I wouldn't want to mess with factory terminations/soldering either. I doubt any home DIY could terminate/solder to the exact degree and precision a hi end cable mfg'r could. Just me two cents.

Roysen

Aug 6, 2011
It's not my design, and it has nothing do to by doubling the wire gauge.

My guess would be Horch Elektroakustik. The designer is the guy behind the Dynaudio Arbiter amplifier set and the Esoteric P-01/D-01 if I am not mistaken.

Thanks,
Roysen

kuribo

Aug 10, 2012
What is the point of this thread? You can't give any details about the subject and you can't name the company involved...

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
The special configuration requires six cables to work - two minus, two plus and two ground wires.

I've had good results using the Mogami Neglex Quad for this - two minus, two plus, and the shield ground.
http://www.mogamicable.com/category/bulk/microphone/quad/

I prefer 2893 for interconnects - even though 2534 is "beefier". With interconnects where there is negligible current carrying (well...... except for some strange designs), the lower capacitance AND inductance of the 2893 sounds to me cleaner and more transparent. It has higher capacitance between the plus/minus conductors and ground, but this is good to "filter away noise".

The Mogami's in bulk, and proper crimp termination (not solder) for the XLR connectors and I may never have to sell another interconnect again.
http://www.neutrik.com/zoolu-websit...mbly+Instruction+-+Crimp+XLR+Cable+Connectors

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
I wouldn't want to mess with factory terminations/soldering either. I doubt any home DIY could terminate/solder to the exact degree and precision a hi end cable mfg'r could. Just me two cents.

It's easier than it looks.... you just need the right tools, and those are easily available in the US. If you at all believe in cables (I know that many on this board do not), less than $400 investment gives you the opportunity to try. You need a good crimping tool (no need to go to a hydraulic crimper if you are just trying it out), Neutrik connectors and some bulk Mogami.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
It's easier than it looks.... you just need the right tools, and those are easily available in the US. If you at all believe in cables (I know that many on this board do not), less than $400 investment gives you the opportunity to try. You need a good crimping tool (no need to go to a hydraulic crimper if you are just trying it out), Neutrik connectors and some bulk Mogami.

Bulk Mogami, ect is one thing. Dissecting $10k interconnects is another...I would never be compelled to do it just to see if using 4 interconnects to make one pair of bi-wired interconnects improved the sonic performance.

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
Bulk Mogami, ect is one thing. Dissecting $10k interconnects is another...I would never be compelled to do it just to see if using 4 interconnects to make one pair of bi-wired interconnects improved the sonic performance.

Yes. You have a point there. I wouldn't dissect someone else's $10k interconnects either!

wizard

Oct 17, 2010
wizard-highend.blogspot.com
By applying a similar but reverse polarity cable against noise, the noise will be cancelled out.

This technology works analogically similar to the principle of noise cancelling earphones.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing