Biwired balanced interconnects

wizard

Oct 17, 2010
wizard-highend.blogspot.com
To get much better performance from interconnect cables is to biwire them, both cables must be balanced.

Two pair of balanced cables are connected together into 1 pair in the same xlr plug at both ends in a special configuration.

This configuration cancels out the cables weaknesses and enhance the best in them.

Before the biwiring, it was like that I have listened with many thick curtains in front of me all the time.
The sound don't get a little better, but much better.

This cable configuration design comes from Germany, and are only known by a exclusive small group of people.

This technology will be patented, so I can't tell you the name of the company and how the configuration is done.

Last edited:

wizard

Oct 17, 2010
This cable configuration design comes from Germany, and are only known by a exclusive small group of people.

This technology will be patented, so I can't tell you the name of the company and how the configuration is done.

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
A little known secret to get much better performance with cheaper interconnect cables is to biwire them, both cables must be balanced.

Two pair of balanced cables are connected together in the same plug in a special configuration.
This configuration cancels out the cables weaknesses and enhance the best in them.

Before the biwiring, it was like that one have listened with a two ore more thick curtains in front all the time.

The sound don't get a little better, but many levels better.

Effectively, better cables...yes? Can you be more specific so a non-techie like me can understand? You take 2 sets of balanced ICs...and remove the terminations at both ends...and combine the wires and terminate the 2 sets so that they are now 1 set...yes? Can that be done with Transparent Audio cables?

wizard

Oct 17, 2010
Effectively, better cables...yes? Can you be more specific so a non-techie like me can understand? You take 2 sets of balanced ICs...and remove the terminations at both ends...and combine the wires and terminate the 2 sets so that they are now 1 set...yes? Can that be done with Transparent Audio cables?

Yes two pair of IC's becomes one.
This is a special configuration - its not like combine +, - and Ground into one on both sides.
Haven't tried it with MIT or Transparent, but I think the "mystery box" on them kills the improvement.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Yes two pair of IC's becomes one.
This is a special configuration - its not like combine +, - and Ground into one on both sides.
Haven't tried it with MIT or Transparent, but I think the "mystery box" on them kills the improvement.

Oh well...thanks!

wizard

Oct 17, 2010
I've done this configuration on a very expensive cable - not just a little better sound here and there from the model below - a big sound improvement.

Before I tested a lot of expensive cables all the time, but now I don't test interconnect cables anymore.
I've found my GOD cable.

This cable configuration is by an legendary German audio designer, he is also called a genius.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I've done this configuration on a very expensive cable - not just a little better sound here and there from the model below - a big sound improvement.

Before I tested a lot of expensive cables all the time, but now I don't test interconnect cables anymore.
I've found my GOD cable.

This cable configuration is by an legendary German audio designer, he is also called a genius.

but it does not work on SE cables, right? i am preamp (SE only) to amp (balanced only)...so my ICs are SE but terminated with Xhadow XLR on one side.

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
So what's the special configuration?

Tim

Kal Rubinson

May 4, 2010
NYC
www.stereophile.com
I'm not allowed to tell anyone how to do the cable configuration.
But if one buy products from this German brand they will tell you how to do it.

That's silly. Do they make all buyers sign a non-disclosure statement?

Speedskater

Sep 30, 2010
Cleveland Ohio
Cable companies like Belden, Canare and Mogami have known how to make excellent balanced cables for years! It just takes expensive machines to assure accurate placement of each wire for the length of the cable. It's very similar to the manufacturing requirements for CAT6 cable.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
We've seen it all ...

Oh no...I don't think so Frantz. Only in reality can there be an end. High end cable merchants are only limited by their imaginations.

Tim

wizard

Oct 17, 2010
I would like to publish it, so everyone can have better sound, but the manufacturer says no-no.

They make some exceptional electronics, same level as FM Acoustics and some of them even better.
They also design for other manufacturers.

docvale

Mar 21, 2011
Briarcliff Manor, NY
I don't know if I understood correctly the principle of this technology, but I remember I've already seen brands whose interconnects have up to three cables (in the case of balanced interconnects) with a single set of XLR plugs.
If this is how this stuff is supposed to work, I don't get the breakthrough.

wizard

Oct 17, 2010
I don't know if I understood correctly the principle of this technology, but I remember I've already seen brands whose interconnects have up to three cables (in the case of balanced interconnects) with a single set of XLR plugs.
If this is how this stuff is supposed to work, I don't get the breakthrough.

Which cable brand?
It may be like this - three cables - one for plus, one for minus and for ground.

The special configuration requires six cables to work - two minus, two plus and two ground wires.

docvale

Mar 21, 2011
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Which cable brand?
It may be like this - three cables - one for plus, one for minus and for ground.

The special configuration requires six cables to work - two minus, two plus and two ground wires.

Eh, too tough question :)
I don't remember, I'm not that into cables... but it was probably more that 4 years ago when I saw online those cables...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing