Mytek Stereo192-DSD DAC

A.wayne

Jan 14, 2011
Front Row Center
One thing I can tell you since I switched from using the RCA outputs from the Mytek to my preamp to the XLR outputs from the Mytek is the output level appears to be considerably higher with the XLR outputs.

If its true balanced line you will have at least 3 db more gain .....

tiff_needle

May 10, 2012
Thanks Jonathan.... I'm not familiar with the Resonessence labs Invicta, but would sure be willing to give it a try if the opportunity should arise.

The Mytek is the first DAC I've had in here that exceeded its price tag. Our Playback and MSB sound like the $$ DACs they are, but if I heard the Mytek blindly, I would lay money that I'm listening to a $10k DAC.

Bruce,

Did you ever got a chance to try out a direct comparison between Mytek 192 DSD and exasound e20?

exasound e20 also seems a great "budget" option....

Have you had any contact with e20?

I don't live in Canada nor in the US so unfortunately I can't try the 30 day period trial that exasound and Resonessence Labs give....

But you guys can!

Any candidates willing to test them A/Bing them with Mytek and letting us know the results?

ted_b

Feb 4, 2011
Bruce,

Did you ever got a chance to try out a direct comparison between Mytek 192 DSD and exasound e20?

exasound e20 also seems a great "budget" option....

Have you had any contact with e20?

I don't live in Canada nor in the US so unfortunately I can't try the 30 day period trial that exasound and Resonessence Labs give....

But you guys can!

Any candidates willing to test them A/Bing them with Mytek and letting us know the results?

I did! I wrote a review. And rather than throwing a huge tangent in Bruce's thread I just simply created (copy and paste mostly) the review here, with Mytek comments, for this forum. Others asked about the Mytek, and a buddy compared the two as well. I included some of that on this thread. Net/net, they are different beasts, with the Mytek much more flexible....but the E20, at $1k more, is possible worth the addtl investment. In both cases, huge value, low investment.

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...-384k-DSD-DAC-mini-reveiw&p=159542#post159542

jerry007

Jun 30, 2012
Has anyone compared this DAC to the Weiss 202 ?? I have also been wondering about the new units available from Empirical Audio.......the OverDrive SE USB DAC and their re-clockers (which seem to be getting some great reviews) ?? Thanks for a great website and superb threads !!!

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
My unit went Kaput! sent it to Michel but getting (unfortunately) a poor service so far - has three months at least sitting there waiting for a check up.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing