Most Expensive Speakers?

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
According to Hi-Fi Choice magazine, the Hart Audio D&W Aural Pleasure Loudspeaker "can do things that no other speaker can." And it damn right better do some amazing things — at $4.72 million, this speaker is perhaps the most expensive ever created.

This ultra-expensive speaker is a special edition — only one 18-karat gold pair will be made. (You can buy a cheaper version cast in bronze for $62,800.) It features some very high-quality components: a 200mm polypropylene bass driver and a 25mm aluminum magnesium dual concentric treble driver, for starters. It's also very, very heavy at 110 pounds.

It's probably not the most attractive design for your decor — or, really, the decor of anyone well off enough to have $5 million to blow on a one-of-a-kind speaker. But if you care about sound quality enough to actually consider a purchase, we're not sure the package it comes in will matter that much to you.

Attachments

• fva-630-dw-aural-pleasure-loudspeaker-630w.jpg
    fva-630-dw-aural-pleasure-loudspeaker-630w.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 1,916

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Two slugs were at the bar talking when...........

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
I wonder where the one gold pair is going? A bevy of 21st-century wealth cliches are running through my head....

Tim

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
I think this beats them all. $ 6,950,000

I don't get it with the gold and precious metal casting.

It seems like a product for an oil sheik, not an audiophile.

http://www.higherfi.com/spkrlist/speakerlist.htm

Give me a REAL speaker, please, not a chunk of gold.

Attachments

• ShapeAudio_OrganicHarmony.jpg
    ShapeAudio_OrganicHarmony.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 2,878

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
these are the dog days of summer, aren't they?

maybe those speakers will be in the speaker building contest next month. i wonder how they will do?

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
They look like golden dog poo. Plus, there is no place on top to put my diamond encrusted watch.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
According to Hi-Fi Choice magazine, the Hart Audio D&W Aural Pleasure Loudspeaker "can do things that no other speaker can." And it damn right better do some amazing things — at $4.72 million, this speaker is perhaps the most expensive ever created.

This ultra-expensive speaker is a special edition — only one 18-karat gold pair will be made. (You can buy a cheaper version cast in bronze for $62,800.) It features some very high-quality components: a 200mm polypropylene bass driver and a 25mm aluminum magnesium dual concentric treble driver, for starters. It's also very, very heavy at 110 pounds.

It's probably not the most attractive design for your decor — or, really, the decor of anyone well off enough to have $5 million to blow on a one-of-a-kind speaker. But if you care about sound quality enough to actually consider a purchase, we're not sure the package it comes in will matter that much to you.

So this is the result of what my dental lab has been up to recently with all that gold:D:D

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
So this is the result of what my dental lab has been up to recently with all that gold:D:D

Hope they sound better than the Bose cubes they will replace ...

:rolleyes:

16hz lover

Aug 2, 2013
And they have a whopping response down to 80hz...lol

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
A sucker is born every day and some have money too.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing