Page 121 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2171111112113114115116117118119120121
Results 1,201 to 1,209 of 1209

Thread: DCS Vivaldi

Quote Originally Posted by jfrech View Post
    MQA update from dCS Says May now for Vivaldi DAC... Vivaldi One just released...

https://www.dcsltd.co.uk/about/news/
    Any one else a bit puzzled that Vivaldi One came before the Dac and Upsampler? I still maintain the network card in the Upsampler is an issue that dCS is having trouble dealing with.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsrule View Post
    Any one else a bit puzzled that Vivaldi One came before the Dac and Upsampler? I still maintain the network card in the Upsampler is an issue that dCS is having trouble dealing with.....
    The beta MQA Vivaldi release was playing at Axpona, and I was told they are in the final SW release phase.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! MadFloyd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsrule View Post
    My understanding is that the reason for that is the Vivaldi One is a simpler configuration. The Vivaldi stack, with 4 separate pieces (where each piece may or may not be present), involves many different user situations so the coding is very complex (as is QA).
    Speakers: Magico M-Project w/MPods Amplification: CAT JL7s, CAT Legend, CH Precision P1
    Analog: Kronos Pro Limited Edition / SCPS-1 / Black Beauty tonearm / Zyx Universe Premium, Ortofon A95
    Digital: Roon / dCS Upsampler / Schiit Yggdrasil DAC
    Cables/Power: Kubala Sosna cables / Shunyata Denali 6000T, Sigma Zitron PC's / Furutech outlets
    Misc: Steve Blinn Designs rack & amp stands

Good points here

Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    My understanding is that the reason for that is the Vivaldi One is a simpler configuration. The Vivaldi stack, with 4 separate pieces (where each piece may or may not be present), involves many different user situations so the coding is very complex (as is QA).
    This ^ - although I only think it only involves the Upsampler and DAC boxes. The challenge is that MQA license restrictions do not allow the upsampler to send out a fully decoded digital signal that is at high resolution. in the one box units this is not an issue. For the Vivaldi, the upsampler should do the first unfold and send to the DAC (I have a beta version that is doing this now) and then the DAC has to recognize the signal and perform the second unfold and implement the MQA filter. I believe that is the complication of the two box stack over the single box solutions like the One and the Rossini. Hopefully it will be out soon.

While I wait for the Vivaldi, I am using the Rossini to play Masters files and it works great.
    Last edited by Enatai252; 04-17-2018 at 08:51 AM.

Addicted to Best!
    Could anyone tell me what the difference is between the Vivaldi 1 and the current version of the DAC?

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dctom View Post
    Could anyone tell me what the difference is between the Vivaldi 1 and the current version of the DAC?
    As far as I know it is only software. The new MAP version operates the ring DAC at 6MHz - it is probably why it can not work on the Scarlatti. The upgrade was free of cost.

The only unit that had an hardware upgrade was the Vivaldi upsampler.
    DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack, SoundLab A1 Px, Forsell Air Force One, ARC Phono 2SE, cj GAT 2, cj ART monoblocks , TA OPUS MM2 IC's and sp, TA XL digital, TA XL gen V power cables, CenterStage footers and Nordost Qkore8's!

Yes but how do the Vivaldi DAC + Upsampler compare sonically to Vivaldi One, especially via ethernet...

Quote Originally Posted by dctom View Post
    Is your question how the Vivaldi 1 (one box player) vs the Vivaldi Dac or the Vivaldi Dac version 1 vs dac version 2?

If one box player, the DAC sections are similar, it's the transport, upsampler and not quite as good as the 4 box separates. It's close and you have no cables to fool with along with less power cords...

if the dac v1 vs v2 Microstrip hit it right...I will add quite a bit of difference on sound quality. It's like a new dac...
    Speakers: Rockport Altair 2
    Pre & Amp: Nagra HD Pre & Amp
    Cables: Transparent Magnum Opus on sources, Opus Gen 5 Pre to amps & speaker
    Power Transparent Opus, Opus Source Power Cords & Opus Power Isolators
    Power Shunyata DPC-6 v2
    Digital dCS Vivaldi full stack w/ Transparent Reference XL Digital cables
    Phono: Grand Prix Monaco TT, Spiral Groove Centroid, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2, Nagra VPS/VFS/MPS
    Racks: Grand Prix Audio Silverstone F1

Page 121 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2171111112113114115116117118119120121