Thread: DCS Vivaldi

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by jfrech View Post
    It's like a $50 bottle of red wine. Just tastes great. Then someone opens a $150 bottle and you know which one you want to stick with...the $50 bottle just sits there.
    Depends. There are outstanding $20 bottles of wine that are used by very high-end restaurants to flavor up certain courses. For other courses they use more expensive wine. They know what they're doing. It's about the matching high-quality flavor, not the $$.

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Al M. View Post
    Depends. There are outstanding $20 bottles of wine that are used by very high-end restaurants to flavor up certain courses. For other courses they use more expensive wine. They know what they're doing. It's about the matching high-quality flavor, not the $$.
    You should compare the outstanding $150 bottles of wine with the outstanding $20 ones. Unfortunately the answer is not difficult
    DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack, SoundLab A1 Px, Forsell Air Force One, ARC Phono 2SE, cj GAT 2, cj ART monoblocks , TA OPUS MM2 IC's and sp, TA XL digital, TA XL gen V power cables, CenterStage footers and Nordost Qkore8's!

Pretty interesting article for dCS fans. dCS Vivaldi DAC + Network Bridge seems a great way to get the Vivaldi experience for a lot less $$'s

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2017/...-of-streamers/
    Speakers: Rockport Altair 2
    Pre & Amp: Nagra HD Pre & Amp
    Cables: Transparent Magnum Opus on sources, Opus Gen 5 Pre to amps & speaker
    Power Transparent Opus, Opus Source Power Cords & Opus Power Isolators
    Power Shunyata DPC-6 v2
    Digital dCS Vivaldi full stack w/ Transparent Reference XL Digital cables
    Phono: Grand Prix Monaco TT, Spiral Groove Centroid, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2, Nagra VPS/VFS/MPS
    Racks: Grand Prix Audio Silverstone F1

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! still-one's Avatar
    Pretty interesting article for dCS fans. dCS Vivaldi DAC + Network Bridge seems a great way to get the Vivaldi experience for a lot less $$'s

I was considering going that route before I pulled the trigger on the Rossini/Clock. Maybe someday.
    Jim
    Speakers:Alexandria X2- Series 2, AMP''s-D'Agostino Momentum M-400's, Pre-Amp:D'Agostino Momentum Phono Stage Esoteric E-03 Sources :dCS Rossini & clock , SME 20/3, Cabling/Interconnects:Transparent Opus SC and Interconnects, Power Delivery Shunyata Denali

Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post
    I was considering going that route before I pulled the trigger on the Rossini/Clock. Maybe someday.
    My dealer has both the Vivaldi stack, the Rossini player and clock and a network bridge. The reviewer compared a Scarlatti...The Rossini, with built in upsampler, I'd venture to guess is better than Roon upsampling...I think you made a great chioce ! Curious when you get MQA going on your Rossini ! Let us know please !
    Power Shunyata DPC-6 v2
    Phono: Grand Prix Monaco TT, Spiral Groove Centroid, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2, Nagra VPS/VFS/MPS

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor]

Thanks jf.
    Very interesting. Having recently upgraded to Scarlatti Transport, Paganini DAC with existing Scarlatti clock and upgrading the cables to Entreq Atlantis Infinity Dual AES/Apollo3.5V earth to Olympus 10, and delighted with the upgrade, the review of the NBR has got me thinking.

Just installed the latest Firmware updates and MQA is up and running on my Rossini. One more day of work, and I can start doing some real listening. That is a 2L track streaming from Tidal.

Name:  IMG_20171220_204343.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  267.9 KB

Awesome and congrats. Let us know your thoughts. Also be sure to switch your filter to "M1"

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! Elberoth's Avatar

A friend of mine (Rossini DAC owner) has recently compared his Rossini DAC to the Vivaldi DAC + Network Bridge (both in Roon Ready mode). To his surprise, he prefered his Rossini DAC to the more expensive combo.

I have no doubt the Vivaldi One or the full Vivaldi stack would be better than the Rossini, but that is $$$.

If anyone is considering the Vivaldi DAC + Network Bridge combo, I strongly sugest to try the Rossini DAC instead.
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: MSB M202 / D'Agostino Momentum Stereo
    Digital: Lampi Golden Gate DSD only + Lampi DSD Komputer server
    Cables: AudioQuest WEL Signature IC / Shunyata Anaconda Z-Tron SC

Quote Originally Posted by Elberoth View Post
    A friend of mine (Rossini DAC owner) has recently compared his Rossini DAC to the Vivaldi DAC + Network Bridge (both in Roon Ready mode). To his surprise, he prefered his Rossini DAC to the more expensive combo.

I have no doubt the Vivaldi One or the full Vivaldi stack would be better than the Rossini, but that is $$$.

If anyone is considering the Vivaldi DAC + Network Bridge combo, I strongly sugest to try the Rossini DAC instead.
    I'm guessing it's the upsampling in the Rossini and less cables? Where the Vivaldi is a better dac but doesn't have the upsampling since it's in a separate box...

Was this on DSD files or PCM upsampled?
    Power Shunyata DPC-6 v2

Page 113 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1363103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121 LastLast