Joe walsh-analog man

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Anyone hear Joe's new album, Analog Man? If you like Joe Walsh you will like the album. I have the LP version. I love the title cut even though it is a little preachy and prophetic at the same time. I love the chorus:

Yeah I'm an anlog man in a digital world and I'm going to get me an analog girl.
Who loves me for what I am, I'm an analog man.

The interesting thing is that Joe kind of ripped himself off on two songs on the first side. Cut #3 is "Lucky That Way," and it really is a 2012 update of "LIfe's Been Good." The last cut on side one is "Funk 50" and when the song started, I thought it was a remake of "Funk 49." It's the same riff that opens the song.

Here is the title cut from YouTube:

Last edited:

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
I agree...if you like Joe Walsh, you like this album. I liked the sticker on the front "it's been 20 years, I've got things to say". Well recorded.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Jeff Lynne produced it and Ringo played drums on "Band Played On." It was recorded digitally though.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Kinda oxymoron... Analog Man recorded on a Pro Tools system!! :(

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
Kinda oxymoron... Analog Man recorded on a Pro Tools system!! :(

:D

Let me try to fully grasp that the recording is digital? So the LP comes from a digital master?

Oooooookaaaay ...

mep

Apr 20, 2010

Let me try to fully grasp that the recording is digital? So the LP comes from a digital master?

Oooooookaaaay ...

Yeah, the irony of it all. I was really hoping that based on the title that Joe would have recorded this LP to analog tape. But Frantz, lots of LPs being sold today are cut from a digital master. And they sound digital too.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Yeah, the irony of it all. I was really hoping that based on the title that Joe would have recorded this LP to analog tape. But Frantz, lots of LPs being sold today are cut from a digital master. And they sound digital too.

A tape was made for it, though it was just for layback and "cassette" duping! LOL

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010

Oooooookaaaay ...

Joe's been in and out of rehab since he was about 12. He probably recorded it digitally in an effort to stay clean.

Tim

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Clean, but, just can't get no satisfaction?

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
Saw him back in James Gang days. Saw him at the RR Hall of Fame induction for the Eagles (had to be what, ten years ago?). They played (what else?) Hotel California. I can't remember if this event took place before that Hell Freezes Over Tour and album. What was truly scary though was that Joe, looking bored out of his mind, played the tune verbatim from the record, without any rock star flash, he barely moved. He just stood up there, wearing an extremely loud plaid suit (very killer) and ripped. Joe Walsh is OK in my book.

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Saw him back in James Gang days. Saw him at the RR Hall of Fame induction for the Eagles (had to be what, ten years ago?). They played (what else?) Hotel California. I can't remember if this event took place before that Hell Freezes Over Tour and album. What was truly scary though was that Joe, looking bored out of his mind, played the tune verbatim from the record, without any rock star flash, he barely moved. He just stood up there, wearing an extremely loud plaid suit (very killer) and ripped. Joe Walsh is OK in my book.

I saw The Eagles a couple of times in their prime. I believe it was the One of These Nights and Hotel California tours. They all pretty much just stood there, barely moved, and played the records perfectly, note for note. Sound was really good for the era, musicianship was fabulous. Show was dull as toast. I greatly prefer the less polished versions of 70s country rock -- The Band comes to mind.

Tim

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing