Mark is too humble a guy to post this, so I am taking the liberty:

Seaton 6.jpg Seaton 1.jpg Seaton 3.jpg Seaton 4.jpg

Attachments

• Seaton 2.jpg
    Seaton 2.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 5,082

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Wow...that is a SYSTEM!!! Would love to hear it! Have you heard it?

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Regrettably, no. It is the set up of my dreams. And someone had the unmitigated nerve to turn MY dreams into reality.:)

BTW, I believe that is a custom built center channel built by Andy.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
OOOooooo, that's gorgeous! I can imagine the sound in that room mimics the looks. Congrat's Mark, on what looks to be a kickin' system. Very nice.

Tom

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Wow...wow...wow...

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Coincidence, I was talking abut this sub in another thread ...

Wow!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
My favorite amps, my favorite cables, probably the only speakers i would upgrade to from here, and loads of subs...possibly my ideal setup. What digital source is this person using?

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I'm impressed.... looks like they actually built the room for audio!

Mark Seaton

WBF Technical Expert (Speaker & Acoustics)
May 21, 2010
Chicago, IL
www.seatonsound.net
Regrettably, no. It is the set up of my dreams. And someone had the unmitigated nerve to turn MY dreams into reality.:)

BTW, I believe that is a custom built center channel built by Andy.

Thank you very much Ron for posting this over here. You are correct in the details there. The Arrakis are great fun to listen to but much less fun to move around!

I think I'll have to also post some of the updates we've started with Art Sonneborn's system for another thread.

Mark Seaton

May 21, 2010
Chicago, IL
www.seatonsound.net
My favorite amps, my favorite cables, probably the only speakers i would upgrade to from here, and loads of subs...possibly my ideal setup. What digital source is this person using?

I believe the digital front end is a BlueSmoke Black Box into I think an MSB DAC which bypasses the Theta Casablanca direct to a Gryphon preamp. There is also a Gryphon CD player and a turntable in the mix. The preamp is set to a set volume with the Theta driving the Arrakis through another input when the screen comes down.

Mark Seaton

May 21, 2010
Chicago, IL
www.seatonsound.net
I posted up these quick pictures you see in the first post the Seaton Sound facebook page which you are all welcome to check out for some amusement.

3 SubMersive HP's. One in each front corner, and one at the rear left with a QSC DSP-30 processing the front pair and rear subs separately. These are black maple, but once we receive the next batch of piano black SubMersive cabinets, we'll be swapping those in to compliment all the Rockport speakers. These were just quick shots from my phone in a very dark theater. Once we get the piano black cabinets in place we'll take some much better pictures and add some more info/details. :cool:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I believe the digital front end is a BlueSmoke Black Box into I think an MSB DAC which bypasses the Theta Casablanca direct to a Gryphon preamp. There is also a Gryphon CD player and a turntable in the mix. The preamp is set to a set volume with the Theta driving the Arrakis through another input when the screen comes down.

thanks!

Emre Üçöz

Aug 1, 2011
Istanbul
gorgeous system, some serious earth rambling bass is out there :cool:

trponhunter

Apr 30, 2012

Lloyd,
They would be a bigger upgrade for you than you can possibly imagine - you really need to contact a dealer and get a trip to Maine if the upgrade bug ever takes hold of you.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing