emm Labs TSDX & DAC2X users .... Please check in ....

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Hi,

Show me some love for the DAC2X and TSDX. Thanks!

jeromelang

Dec 26, 2011
Me too.......

Over here in stinkipore, we have 6 guys, all previously owned the xds1.

Giraffe
Durianlover88
Me
Bigtree
Otagaz
Doggie Houser (reserved but not yet collected)

Read about our correspondence here

dmnc02

Member Sponsor
Jul 10, 2012
PA, USA
Joe, you already know from our PM's that I love the latest generation of emm gear.

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Joe, you already know from our PM's that I love the latest generation of emm gear.

Yes I do, hence this thread :)

You are an important voice in my decision making process.

Last edited:

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Me too.......

Over here in stinkipore, we have 6 guys, all previously owned the xds1.

Giraffe
Durianlover88
Me
Bigtree
Otagaz
Doggie Houser (reserved but not yet collected)

Read about our correspondence here

I am just amazed at how much attention these have received, thank you so much for the link!

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
I am thinking about just going with the DAC2X to start, then adding the TSDX later.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
any update, joe?

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
I still want the 111 but have not made up my mind.

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
I picked up the EMM Labs DAC2X and absolutely love it. I'm still thinking about the 111 but have definitely bought some time. I am just absolutely amazed at how much better digital sounds through the DAC2X.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I picked up the EMM Labs DAC2X and absolutely love it. I'm still thinking about the 111 but have definitely bought some time. I am just absolutely amazed at how much better digital sounds through the DAC2X.

That's great!...just a pantheon of great equipment going thru your place!! Enjoy! Pls post more specific impressions of DAC2X when you get some time!

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
That's great!...just a pantheon of great equipment going thru your place!! Enjoy! Pls post more specific impressions of DAC2X when you get some time!

It's still breaking in but I have to say I never heard more detail without being harsh. I've never heard such a wide sound-stage, literally left wall to right wall. Scary at times. I hear things and I swear my neck is sore because I am looking around the room and even behind me, thinking I hear something there. I love it. Voices are just beautiful.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
It's still breaking in but I have to say I never heard more detail without being harsh. I've never heard such a wide sound-stage, literally left wall to right wall. Scary at times. I hear things and I swear my neck is sore because I am looking around the room and even behind me, thinking I hear something there. I love it. Voices are just beautiful.

Sounds great...thanks for that.

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
My brand new DAC2X is in the house. What is a reasonable amount of time for burn in before serious listening? How many hours until it is at 100% performance level?

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
how does it sound so far compared to the PS Audio Perfect wav ? as you know, I have that dac and if my memory serves me right, you had one too ? I am starting to lean toward EMM Labs too. MSB's ala carte offerings that nickel and dime you to death is starting to annoy me and turn me away (analogue dac).

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
My brand new DAC2X is in the house. What is a reasonable amount of time for burn in before serious listening? How many hours until it is at 100% performance level?

After 2-3 weeks of 24/7 streaming/playing, I was confident it was broken in. After a couple of months of ownership, I absolutely love it. It did not break the bank and sounds awesome!

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
how does it sound so far compared to the PS Audio Perfect wav ? as you know, I have that dac and if my memory serves me right, you had one too ? I am starting to lean toward EMM Labs too. MSB's ala carte offerings that nickel and dime you to death is starting to annoy me and turn me away (analogue dac).

It is lined up next to my PWD MKII, but it has been running for 2 hours only and I have not listened to it yet. I'll do some comparing between the two DACs this evening. Stay tuned.

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Congratulations edorr!

Give a listen, it only gets better. :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing