Is high end audio spending an addiction?

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I think I had two lettters published on how to tell if you are an addict.

I can't remember exactly. Are you angry when others don't want to discuss audio? Have you ever spent the rent money on audio? Have you ever traveled out of town to hear audio? Have you ever thought about audio durung sex?

The sine qua non of addiction: I'm not an addict I can quit any time I want.

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
I think I had two lettters published on how to tell if you are an addict.

I can't remember exactly. Are you angry when others don't want to discuss audio? Have you ever spent the rent money on audio? Have you ever traveled out of town to hear audio? Have you ever thought about audio durung sex?

The sine qua non of addiction: I'm not an addict I can quit any time I want.

Is 3 out of 4 bad?

Tim

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Yes.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
---Methinks that an Audio addict is like an Alcoholic, or an Heroin addict.

* Me personally, I am more a Cinema addict than an Audio addict, I think.
But I ain't too sure as I spent much more money in music software than what most of my friends spent in their houses and cars combined! And that is a true fact!

But that don't necessarly make me a music addict now does it?

Last edited:

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Is 3 out of 4 bad?

Lord, I hope not 'cause I'm guilty as charged. Audio is an addiction to those that have what it takes. Throughout one's entire life, 3 out of 4 of those questions to some would be considered normal. That is, if they are even into audio and the reproduction thereof. If not, there is NO way, based upon experience, that they would understand.

We now enjoy the music.

Tom

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
2 out of 4 :D

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I actually listed ten but can't remember them all.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing