Vibrapod Cones

joe1515

May 26, 2010
New York
Has any one ever used these? The get such great reviews, for such a small cost. I am thinking of using for my Audio Research Company PH5, and for when i get the VPI SDS next month.

Joe

Fred

May 31, 2010
Covington, LA
I have a big box of Vibrapods and Vibrapod cones. Anyone in NYC who wants a few, let me know. P/U only.

Location is everything as they say. However, should you happen to find your way to NOLA, bring a few and I can definately arrange for local pick-up. :)

Dave Pogue

Jun 12, 2010
I hope everyone knows not to put a Vibrapod on bare wood or metal without protecting the surface first. I have a seriously etched metal-top amp because I didn't do this, and the pods are death on wood too. They even ate through the paper towel circles I was using as protection atop the amp.

joe1515

May 26, 2010
New York
I hope everyone knows not to put a Vibrapod on bare wood or metal without protecting the surface first. I have a seriously etched metal-top amp because I didn't do this, and the pods are death on wood too. They even ate through the paper towel circles I was using as protection atop the amp.

Good advice, I am going to pair mine with the vibrapod isolators.

Joe

Kal Rubinson

May 4, 2010
NYC
www.stereophile.com

I use beer coasters.

rad

Jun 13, 2010
Ohio
I've used these years ago, nice inexpensive tweak. Have evolved through many different isolation products & have settled on the Wave Kinetics A10-U8 component control system & 2NS loudspeaker interface system. Great results & highly recommended.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I've used these years ago, nice inexpensive tweak. Have evolved through many different isolation products & have settled on the Wave Kinetics A10-U8 component control system & 2NS loudspeaker interface system. Great results & highly recommended.

What do you think of the Wave Kinetics? Tried to get some for review from Jonathan but I take it they are very backordered :(

rad

Jun 13, 2010
Ohio
Myles,

I like the wave Kinetics very much & am a firm believer in good isolation. Without opening a can of worms about whats better or best I liked the changes these made to my system.

After some changes to my racks & system changes I decided to try these & was very impressed with the results. They controlled the lower bass frequencies exceptionally well,,,, tighter, faster, & great definition was apparent right away.

Now through the years I have tried & used many different isolation racks, platforms, & of course pucks. Most of them worked well to some degree, some better than others.
I preferred those that did not color or impart a signature to the sound. I like those that are natural with good control of the frequency range & soundstage.

These work well within my system. As good or better as some products that sell for many times the price.

The 2NS loudspeaker Interface System is equally Impressive.

Satch

May 16, 2010
Cocoa Beach, Fl.
I recently put a set of Nordost Quasar Points (4) between my Cary SLP-98 P and the second tier of an Adona stackable rack. This seems to work really well with the phono section of the preamp.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing