J River MC For MAC

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
For all of you Mac folk who don't like iTunes (it has become a 10-headed monster), just got this email from JRiver:

COMING SOON FOR APPLE
JRiver is porting MC to OSX.* Expect an early audio-only version by the end of the year.

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
moderator -- can you change thread title to:

J River MC for Mac

that's what I meant to put and that's the news

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ

HiFive

Feb 19, 2013
Rowlett, TX
I'm going to wait for a week or two to download the JRiver. :D

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
It does not work with most or all machines with Core Duo processors at the moment, but the hope is this will be fixed next week. Tried to load it onto my old iMac, and no go. Am considering making this machine a dedicated music servers as I have a new iMac on the way. Will try to install later on with my Retina MBP which has a much newer processor.

There are threads on the JRiver boards dealing with the problems -- they are very upfront that there is much work to be done and refer to the current build as in the 'Alpha' stage.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing