Wilson Polaris Center Channel

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Has anyone heard this center channel in conjunction with the larger Wilson speakers and what were your impressions. This center channel has essentially all of the technology of the X-2 Alexandria speaker. I am surprised that little if anything has been written about it

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
Sounds like someone is getting the itch for a bigger center channel.

BTW, Steve, I'll take those darn view-blocking Alexandrias off your hands when you go for 3 Polaris across the front.

Lee

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
As the iPad matures, it might make a good controller for your music server. I know you and I are big Mac fans. The next few years will be interesting, indeed.

Lee

The iPhone is already a controller for the QSonix music server and I suspect the iPAD soon will be if it is not already. I can control playlists, et al from anywhere in my home where my server music is playing. It is also being used as a controller for Control4 audio/video/lighting control products.

An iPAD is on my birthday wish list!!

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
As the iPad matures, it might make a good controller for your music server. I know you and I are big Mac fans. The next few years will be interesting, indeed.

Lee

my son has an ipad and I agree completely as to its potential as a controller

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
No way I'm going for the Polaris. If I do anything it will be vinyl and computer based server.

I think I' ll pencil Steve in for the new Rockport Sirrius tt.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

Brucemck2

Member Sponsor
May 10, 2010
Houston area
Any sense for the image size on the Polaris? Will three across float a full sized image, or, will it be smaller and down towards the floor?

Albertporter

Apr 27, 2010
Dallas, TX
www.albertporterphoto.com
A friend in my audio group has the new Polaris, it's a real butt kicker, probably the most powerful dialogue channel I've ever heard. The rest of the system is Wilson Alexandria X2 MK2 with Watt Puppy's for surround channels and JL Audio subs. Possibly the most powerful surround sound system I've listened to.

FYI, this same system is also used to play two channel with CD and LP for source. CD is big Krell and analog is Technics MK3 with Koetsu Coralstone and a Garrard 301 with Dynavector XV1s.

Albertporter

Apr 27, 2010
Dallas, TX
www.albertporterphoto.com
Just curious, how large were that room, with all those gears?

The room with all the Wilson are maybe 11 X 18 feet and 9 foot ceiling. My room is 18 X 31 with 12 foot ceiling and it's probably too small for all his equipment.

I don't get it, but he's a nice guy, successful business man and serious fine art collector.

Still, as Steve says it's a staggering amount of money and equipment with all the Wilson and Odin cable. For what he spent on room construction and cable he could have bought a single family home nearby.

Very high quality but I don't like the way it sounds in that small space.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing