Know There Won't Be Any Shortage of Opinions on This Article!

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
Myles, did you ever see Mr. Blanding's Dream House? The house painter scene, where the lady of the house explains, in elaborate detail the precise shades of color that she wants for each room ('sort of a robin's egg blue, with a hint of sunlight at dawn' for the bath', etc.) and after she goes through the whole schtick for each room in the house, as I remember it, the painter turns to his assistant and says: "Ok, bathroom: blue, kitchen, yellow, etc."
Contemporary music since the dawn of R & R is simpler and louder, right?
If I were to elaborate beyond that :go backwards- pop music in the form of big band, maybe some early modern jazz, certainly blues with the roots of R & R (not sure how much that crossed over racial lines then), ragtime, 'band' music, what else? (Leave classical out of it, it was probably a pretty small segment, even in the early 20th century).
Probably a fair amount of diversity, compared to what is truly big selling mainstream today, I don't know.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing