Best Countries to Visit?

Mary

May 28, 2011
Last summer I was in Tanzania is a place of great marvels – Serengeti, Ngorongoro, Kilimanjaro, Zanzibar… It also has great herds of elephants in Ruaha, treeclimbing lions around Lake Manyara, chimpanzee sanctuaries in Gombe and Mahale and packs of wild dogs in Selous. There are also sunsets on the Rufiji River, when the water boils with hippos and crocodiles. In fact, the country has the whole panoply of east Africa’s wildlife – including such rarities as the red colobus monkey, black rhino, hawksbill and leatherback turtles and Pemba flying foxes – concentrated in an unrivalled collection of parks and reserves... Very beautiful places!

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'd like to nominate Singapore. Strangely enough, I have been there 4 times and it's the 4th time (last April) that I truly appreciated it and truly enjoyed visiting it with my family. One main reason I guess is because this last time I stayed for 5 days and the previous ones were only a couple of days.

1. Very friendly. From the moment I needed some info at the airport, the people were always smiling and so friendly in answering questions.

2. Super clean. I believe this place may be one of the top 2 cleanest in Asia, with Japan in my mind as well. No graffiti, no litter basically, the street cement are so white it's like it was poured yesterday. Yeah, I heard they implemented a very stiff fine for littering and chewing gums.

3. Safe. I feel so safe though I hardly saw policemen on the street. They say any crime can be monitored on hidden CCTV and crimes are solved very quickly. One can sense it's a very orderly and peaceful society.

4. Convenient and stress free transportation. Taxis are relatively inexpensive. MRT subway is very clean and not congested even in rush hour not like HK. People walk in a very relaxed manner and not always running or bumping into people. ;)

5.Excellent tourist attractions. From Sentosa Nature Park to Universal Studios to Night Safari, there are so many places to visit with your kids.

6. Great shopping malls. High end malls (Vivo City, Ion Mall, Marina Sands Hotel Mall) are not only high end, they look high tech! One of the most luxurious and impressive malls I've seen in my travels.

7. Nice places to eat. From the famous Singapore Food Street to Kopitiams to fine dinings along Orchard Road and inside hotels, one get a variety of Malay and Chinese food to choose from, not to mention Indian food.

8. One stop shop high end audio building. Located in Adelphi Center, it's like a five story building full of high end audio shops. MBL, Thiel, Krell, B&W are all over, with a few vinyl stores inside. This one is really interesting to us. :)

A close friend who just visited the country upon my suggestion came back with basically the same feedback as me, and he calls it the closest to a 'utopian society' that he has ever seen, and I agree.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
You fly in on the highest airport off the world la paz , its a poor country but there is hardly any criminality , you can either drive, take a bus or plane or go by mountainbike and descent down the andes into the amazone basin .
rurrenabaque is the place where all the jungle trips start you can book a 3,5,10, 15 day tour in the jungle , you can also go in the pampas (swamp area) where its more easy to see wildlife .
The guides are indian and probably born in the jungle and now everything they will take you to their relatives and native villages .
You will see everything you see on national geographic in real life just google on you tube .
it doesnt cost
much as well .

i ll try post some pics later , there is 1 on audiogon with the backpack nickname " andromedaaudio"

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I'd have to also say Hawaii. Just spent 11 days on the big island in Kona. Here are a couple of pics!

Attachments

• 030..jpg
    030..jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_0254..jpg
    IMG_0254..jpg
    456 KB · Views: 183
  • 072..jpg
    072..jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 181
Reactions: AudioHR

Soundproof

Jan 13, 2012
Oslo, Norway
Last edited:

Mark

Mar 17, 2012
I am currently living in Costa Rica and many tourists that I know that come here love it. The beaches and the nature here are beautiful and much less developed than other countries. A lot of the beaches have a much more natural feel to them than other popular beach destinations. You can see monkeys, crocodiles, birds, and pretty much everything else. It is a nature lovers paradise. If you like adventure and the outdoors, Costa Rica is a great spot. There is great fishing, white water rafting, zip lining through canopies, and much more. The country is also politically stable and relatively safer than other countries in the area. It's worth the visit. But, I wouldn't spend any time in San Jose. Just head to the beach.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
You are one lucky dude Mark. I was in Costa Rica 3 years ago for 10 days with my family and had one of the best vacations ever. I agree about San Jose and getting to the beaches. I spent a week a Manuel Antonio. Even did the zip lines which for me was one of the scariest things that I have ever done.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I think today....IRELAND

Happy St. Paddy's Day all!

Mark

Mar 17, 2012
Thanks. I met a Costa Rican woman here and ended up marrying her. That is another advantage to this place, the women are beautiful. If you are a single man, this should definitely be on your list of places to visit.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Thanks. I met a Costa Rican woman here and ended up marrying her. That is another advantage to this place, the women are beautiful. If you are a single man, this should definitely be on your list of places to visit.

Hmmm....I'm single. Old, but single! LOL!

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Costa rica also a place i would love to vist , i once talked to a italian couple who had been travelling the world for 2 years and asked them which was there favourite country , they said costa rica .

The pics , all taken in the amazone jungle.
That's fascinating. Look forward to seeing the pictures!

DSC_0005 by andromeda61, on Flickr

DSC_0017 by andromeda61, on Flickr

DSC_0015 by andromeda61, on Flickr

The snake was a non venomous one but about 4 metres long , it was as scared of us as we were of the snake .:D
tortoise feeding on a dead armadillo , the stink was incredible

Last edited:

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012

I live a couple of blocks from this place, so waterfalls don't impress me like they once did. I like to travel though, and the places I like best are those where I know people. Fortunately, this hobby has allowed me to find friends all over the world. With luck, next year will include visits to Belguim, Germany, Romania and Serbia. It is so much more fun when a local can show you around.

A true story:
I once visited Chicago, and my friend who accompanied me had a brother who drove a Pepsi truck in Chicago. He took us to the place that John Belushi had fashioned his SNL skits from, "No coke, Pepsi!" :D

Win

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing