Siltech Cables

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thank you my friend lloyd- you are very kind, as always. it's labor of love, like all of us.

That's for sure!!! ;)

AudioExplorations

Apr 5, 2012
Welcome ozy. Yes Siltech RS cables are amazing! I am a firm believer that the metallurgy is the main driver in performance in a cable over things like shielding/dielectric/geometry/post processing/etc. IMO Siltech have nailed it with their silver/gold alloy.

What kind of system to you run? Any photo's available on the net?

ozy

Nov 13, 2012
Atlanta ,Ga.
Hi A/E, thank you -nice to be here.
over the years have had a slew of cabls- from nordost's valhala, to transparent opus mm , and plenty in between. to my ears the siltech cables, in their different itirations have brought more musical nuiances then any other cable i had tried. the new G7 takes the cake it terms of quiet background and the flow of the sound.
try this- http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vaslt&1313121467&view
i'll try and post a seperate pic here later on.

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
O,

Wow!

Stunningly beautiful system. Absolutely wonderful. :) Thank you for reminding me.

Eli08

Jul 19, 2012
Nice system Ozy. I think I recall crossing messages with you in the past in Esoteric posts. You use to have the Esoteric P03/D03 and then went to Accuphase, no? I myself moved to the 02s...

Nice system! Congrats. If I see right, are you running 2 pairs of SC per box as in true biwiring mode? They seem quite long. What are they? They have to sound fantastic, although the investment most have been considerable.

Regarding Power cords, what are you using for different components. In general, what differences you find among the cables being G7 (empress and emperor mainly) and those with G8 (C and 2C)? I think G8 does not have gold. Wonder if that changes a bit the sound print of the cables.

ozy

Nov 13, 2012
Atlanta ,Ga.
thank you eli,yes we did converese on the esoteric topic a while back. had the p/03/d/03, moved to the p/01vo /d/01vu stack, which was replaced with the accu combo.

yes, running two sets of spkr cables- the emperor mk2, and emperor crown- very quiet and lush sounding.

most of my power cords are the double/crown models starting with the accuphase power conditioninig unit ,transport and dac. only my pramp has a ruby mtn mk2 on it.
having had the siltechs going back to their SQ level, i find the G7 to be their best to date.have not had a chance to hear the s8 cables yet. but i'm quite content with the G7 offerings.

Eli08

Jul 19, 2012
I though Ozy that the Crown and Double Crown models were all silver G8 (or is it S8?), and that the highest G7 was the emperor II and empress. But I may be wrong. I tend to think I like the idea of a mix of gold and silver in the cables.

May I ask how did you get to that combination of SCs? Try and error or particular advise of someone? What did you noticed vs just one pair of cables per box, and where do you plug the emperor and the EC (highs or Lows)?

Problem with these cables, besides the price, is that you have to buy blind since there are none available to do listening tests at any dealer I know. And being as expensive as they are, try and error can be a very expensive exercise, which leaves you only with the alternative to buy second hand at such prices that you can eventually recover selling if you don't like the particular combination.

ozy

Nov 13, 2012
Atlanta ,Ga.
I though Ozy that the Crown and Double Crown models were all silver G8 (or is it S8?), and that the highest G7 was the emperor II and empress. But I may be wrong. I tend to think I like the idea of a mix of gold and silver in the cables.

May I ask how did you get to that combination of SCs? Try and error or particular advise of someone? What did you noticed vs just one pair of cables per box, and where do you plug the emperor and the EC (highs or Lows)?

Problem with these cables, besides the price, is that you have to buy blind since there are none available to do listening tests at any dealer I know. And being as expensive as they are, try and error can be a very expensive exercise, which leaves you only with the alternative to buy second hand at such prices that you can eventually recover selling if you don't like the particular combination.

to my knowladge, the G7 still consistes of the emperor mk.2 and the e.c, and the d.c. not sure how the s8 is configured aside from the fact that it is pure silver only.
the E2 is on the lowes and the e.c is on the mids/highs. when i bought them they were the top of the food chain. the d.c wasn't available.
i never really tried them in my system, but having had previous expereince with the siltech line, as a whole and other G7 interconnects, it was a no- brainer for to replace my opus mm2 with those 2.

Eli08

Jul 19, 2012
And did you tried the other way around? I am interested in hearing what diferences you noticed (meaning E up mid and highs and ec in lows).

For the set up you are using seems the E may have more body while the EC more detail and extension?

Also if you noticed much of a change with single wiring and running two sets to each speaker.

Thanks for feedback

ozy

Nov 13, 2012
Atlanta ,Ga.
yes, the e.c gives more air in the mids and a bit more sizzle in the high frequencies. bass response was pretty much the same.

yes, the EC is much more detailed then the E.

A single wire connected via a jumper was not even close, and was very short lived in my system.

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Siltech Empress Double Crown, Emperor Double Crown and Ruby Double Crown review was just posted on enjoythemusic.com

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/superioraudio/equipment/0113/siltech_royal_signature_series.htm

I had a chance to listen to the Emperor Double Crown speaker cable last week in friends system (Maxx 3 driven by dartzeel combo) and it is absolutely amazing sounding cable. Ultra smooth, with ultra resolution and deep color saturation. An highly unussual combination. Haven't heard anything better. My friend ended buying this cable.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Siltech Empress Double Crown, Emperor Double Crown and Ruby Double Crown review was just posted on enjoythemusic.com

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/superioraudio/equipment/0113/siltech_royal_signature_series.htm

I had a chance to listen to the Emperor Double Crown speaker cable last week in friends system (Maxx 3 driven by dartzeel combo) and it is absolutely amazing sounding cable. Ultra smooth, with ultra resolution and deep color saturation. An highly unussual combination. Haven't heard anything better. My friend ended buying this cable.

whoa...Emperor Double Crown makes the Odin and Opus MM2 look like a bargain...any chance as to learn if/what the comparison cables might have been and how they fared?

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
How much for the Peasant Double Crown? :)

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
How much for the Peasant Double Crown? :)

Clearly a hi profit margin. Siltech is the father of uber expensive cable. They do sound fantastic, but I take pause of the extreme pricing of double crown. Heck Wizard of old fame said they were best when you slice open two pairs and bi- wire them....lol

Eli08

Jul 19, 2012
He does not seem impressed by power cables in the review. I was considering them... Not the DC but the mountain II.

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
He bought the review sample from that review, so didn't pay full retail (the cable was mint though). But even if he had to pay full retail, he would seriously consider that cable. Emperor Double Crown has literally transformed his system. It brought bigger change that any recent component change. I have never heard his system (or Maxx 3 for that matter) sounding so smooth, liquid and enjoyable. The big Wilsons sound now like a totally different speaker.

The cable he was using was the top-of-the-line Harmonix HS101-EXQ EXQUISITE. The Harmonix sounded bright and edgy in comparision, the sound was tiresome and restless. Same for the Shunyata Anaconda Z-Tron and Acrolink Mexcel 7N-S20000 we tried along.

He also tried the Tara Labs Omega Edge and Onyx speaker cables. Those were better than the Harmonix and Shunyata, as they were also smoother and had more texture, but Tara cables were no match for Siltech in top end clarity, resolution, microdynamics and lack of grain.

He also wants to try the Double Crown Empress IC (he has Acrolink Mexcel 7N-DA6300 interconnects right now), but that will have to wait untill he gets a new CDP.

His analog frint end is Acutus Reference SP Turntable with SME V and Ortofon A90.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
He bought the review sample from that review, so didn't pay full retail (the cable was mint though). But even if he had to pay full retail, he would seriously consider that cable. Emperor Double Crown has literally transformed his system. It brought bigger change that any recent component change. I have never heard his system (or Maxx 3 for that matter) sounding so smooth, liquid and enjoyable. The big Wilsons sound now like a totally different speaker.

The cable he was using was the top-of-the-line Harmonix HS101-EXQ EXQUISITE. The Harmonix sounded bright and edgy in comparision, the sound was tiresome and restless. Same for the Shunyata Anaconda Z-Tron and Acrolink Mexcel 7N-S20000 we tried along.

He also tried the Tara Labs Omega Edge and Onyx speaker cables. Those were better than the Harmonix and Shunyata, as they were also smoother and had more texture, but Tara cables were no match for Siltech in top end clarity, resolution, microdynamics and lack of grain.

He also wants to try the Double Crown Empress IC (he has Acrolink Mexcel 7N-DA6300 interconnects right now), but that will have to wait untill he gets a new CDP.

His analog frint end is Acutus Reference SP Turntable with SME V and Ortofon A90.

Elberoth,

Your comments arrive in proper time, it seems you have found the magic receipt that will convert the X2 in a XLF :) . What are the electronics of your friend system? Is he using an all Emperor Double Crown cable wiring or just the speaker cables? Any hope we will be able to read his review, even at the risk of loosing the superlatives using the Google translator?

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
As I mentioned earlier - he has Wilson Maxx 3 driven by dartzeel combo (108/18NS) and Acutus Reference SP Turntable with SME V and Ortofon A90 front end. He also has a Reimyo CDT/DAC, but is currently looking for a replacement. His cablig consists of Acrolink Mexcel 7N-DA6300 interconnects and Acrolink Mexcel 7N-PC9300 power cords.

He doesn't write on any forums. For him it is a waste of time.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
As I mentioned earlier - he has Wilson Maxx 3 driven by dartzeel combo (108/18NS) and Acutus Reference SP Turntable with SME V and Ortofon A90 front end. He also has a Reimyo CDT/DAC, but is currently looking for a replacement. His cablig consists of Acrolink Mexcel 7N-DA6300 interconnects and Acrolink Mexcel 7N-PC9300 power cords.

He doesn't write on any forums. For him it is a waste of time.

Thanks. I was not asking for forum references, just for the paper version. Does he write for you magazine?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing