Password Security A Bit Too Good

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
The "Capture" password security is so good that I had trouble logging in for several hours today. There is always one word that is impossible for a human to see. I mean it is really f'ing difficult. Unnecessarily so.

Can you please make it less difficult to retrieve passwords? Thank you.

Lee

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
---Which password are you using, Lee?------------------------------------------------------ :b

* Just stay Logged In, always.

Things happen and password cookies get chopped. I'm referring to the whole registration process, the Capture is that visual code that is designed to keep spambots out. You have to get the code right to do anything here if you lose your password. It impacts contacting the admin and asking for a password reset.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
---Yeah, I know what you're referring to.

* Keep your cookies intact (don't disturb or delete them). :b No? Yes?

Will do now that I have settled in on my new Macbook Pro.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Yes, it can be a challenge. Unfortunately we don't have a choice over it. It is the system that comes with our system. I think there is a refresh button for it so if you can't read something, don't try to put it in. Just have it produce another. Also from what I recall, it is not case sensitive even if it seems that way.

bromide

Aug 20, 2012
There is also an option to hear the words, but they have a young Helen Keller doing the voice over.

Bill Demars

Apr 28, 2010
East Greenbush, N.Y.
www.beautyofsound.com
This from a friend that just tried to register: I gave up trying to register for this forum. It is impossible to read one of the words that you are asked to type. I tried 4 times unsuccessfully. I even tried the audio. That is so garbled it sounds like HAL ,from 2001 space odessy, on ACID !!!!

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
This from a friend that just tried to register: I gave up trying to register for this forum. It is impossible to read one of the words that you are asked to type. I tried 4 times unsuccessfully. I even tried the audio. That is so garbled it sounds like HAL ,from 2001 space odessy, on ACID !!!!

-----Hi Bill,

WoW! :eek:

By the way, how come I am able to read your post just above and even to quote you?
...Or did you mean "log in"? ...But then, you don't need no 'test' for that.
...Or are you referring to another person, a friend?

Cheers,
Bob

Bill Demars

Apr 28, 2010
East Greenbush, N.Y.
www.beautyofsound.com
From a friend as I indicated in the first sentence. Just thought you would like to know what others are experiencing regarding registering.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

first I have ever heard anyone with those comments Bill
If you or your friend PM me with info I can get him registered

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
From a friend as I indicated in the first sentence. Just thought you would like to know what others are experiencing regarding registering.

Ok, now I got it Bill. :b

'Cause it could have been this: "This from a friend (me, to you) that just tried to register: ..."

See, on the Internet it is very easy to see various versions.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
---No sweat Bill, and hope that Steve can help your friend. :b
{But the logical deduction was indeed from your friend's side; or I wouldn't have read you.} ;)

Have an excellent one,
Bob

P.S. ...And hope to see your friend soon.

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
I think I remember that vbulletin sign up hassle when I joined but it was nothing compared to some other sites. One of the audio boards (I forget which) took me three days of trying to get past the spambot image police.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing