Burmester 909

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
I guess it measures well (as Burmester is known for), but its price tag simply does not make sense (which also is a common feature for Burmester's electronics).
I would rather have spent my bucks on T+A's PA 3000 HV or one of the powerful amps from Bryston.
I hope this does not offend someone here... it is just my opinion.

I agree Burmester is way over priced. I bought $10k Magnus MA-300 which is more powerful and sounds just as good ( if not better) as my old 911 MK3.

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
Interesting to read. Feel free to tell more about your Magnus amp (I have never listened to any amp by that Magnus).

Please google Magnus MA-300, they are made by Canary Audio. I really like Burmester and the 909, but Burmester are more than 50% over priced here in the US. That said, they are built with extreme high quality and sound best in a all Burmester system.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
526975_357258214316148_1945360514_n.jpg

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
What speakers are those? Whats the design? Ribbon tower or array of cones...with tower subs?

Roysen

Aug 6, 2011
What speakers are those? Whats the design? Ribbon tower or array of cones...with tower subs?

Wisdom Audio planar speakers and subtowers. Old model. Don't remember the model number. They were the latest hype together with Pipedreams from Harry Pearson at the time.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Wisdom Audio planar speakers and subtowers. Old model. Don't remember the model number. They were the latest hype together with Pipedreams from Harry Pearson at the time.

Thanks!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing