What is the best setup / speakers to get the most out of YouTube videos?

caesar

May 30, 2010
My only interest in Computer Audio is to explore music via YouTube. I know most of the stuff posted is crap recordings, but how would one put together a system to get the most out of YouTube?

I'm guessing a good sound card (which one?) and good speakers (which ones?). Anything else?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
1. Do you have a high def monitor (plasma HDTV or some' like that)?

2. Try to get the HD youtube music videos.

3. You can get it from a Blu-ray player (with youtube streaming feature),
directly from your HDTV and played through your high-end sound system (with TRINNOV, or Audyssey, or TacT).

4. ...Or from your PC with a hi res Audio and high def Video cable connection to your HD display and HR audio sound system (with multichannel surround sound).

5. ...Or even from a music/video server connected to your Audio/Video stuff.

----- :b

* Or like you just said above: two quality desk monitor speakers (powered), a quality DAC with upsampling feature, a quality preamp (the DAC could be included), and the biggest display (1080p) PC monitor. ...HDMI connections are cool. USB works too.
A good sound card? That too is another option.

** As for the brand, and model # of each component (including a small quality subwoofer),
I am certain that other members here have some fantastic suggestions.

Last edited:

caesar

May 30, 2010
1. Do you have a high def monitor (plasma HDTV or some' like that)?

2. Try to get the HD youtube music videos.

3. You can get it from a Blu-ray player (with youtube streaming feature),
directly from your HDTV and played through your high-end sound system (with TRINNOV, or Audyssey, or TacT).

4. ...Or from your PC with a hi res Audio and high def Video cable connection to your HD display and HR audio sound system (with multichannel surround sound).

5. ...Or even from a music/video server connected to your Audio/Video stuff.

----- :b

* Or like you just said above: two quality desk monitor speakers (powered), a quality DAC with upsampling feature, a quality preamp (the DAC could be included), and the biggest display (1080p) PC monitor. ...HDMI connections are cool. USB works too.
A good sound card? That too is another option.

** As for the brand, and model # of each component (including a small quality subwoofer),
I am certain that other members here have some fantastic suggestions.

Thanks! One of the things I am looking for is to surf and find any and all youtube videos, not just HD.

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
My digital (YouTube) system is a pieced together affair from left over components from days gone by. Maybe you can assemble something like it for not too much money...

Computer with 24/96 Terratec soundcard with pro jack for headphones- It is better than YouTube needs, but it also plays hi-rez files.
Grado SR125 cans and STAX electrostatics for when two people listen late at night
Conrad Johnson 10A preamp
Pair of Apt Holman amps
KEF 103.2 speakers
flat panel monitor

It really isn't bad, and it certainly beats the typical $25 Logitech setup.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Well the only reason I mentioned HD youtube videos is because they are the best quality,
picture wise. 2K? ...More?

* I am not familiar enough with high quality audio from youtube;
can you get hi res audio now from them?
...And about mutichannel (surround) sound?

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I would't call mine "best" by any stretch of the imagination but it works well enough for me. G5 quad core w 24" display, usb out to an Apogee One, speakers are Adam Artist 3s. Had a baby REL but disconnected it. Seemed overkill and couldn't integrate it properly from its under desk position. Best thing about this setup is the Aeron chair.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing