FM Acoustics Linearizer

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
FM probably doesn't want too many reviews...God forbid the reviewer confirms or burst's the FM mystique/magic bubble....To me, FM's product line does not appear to be a good value for what you get vs what you pay.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
FMA had many reviews in European and Asian magazines.
Only 1 dealer in US, and FMA is expensive, so there will not be many/or none US reviews.

Hum .. There are other expensive Audio things being sold in the USA with great success. I am not sure I understand that logic ...

Kal Rubinson

May 4, 2010
NYC
www.stereophile.com
FM probably doesn't want too many reviews...God forbid the reviewer confirms or burst's the FM mystique/magic bubble....To me, FM's product line does not appear to be a good value for what you get vs what you pay.

FMA had many reviews in European and Asian magazines.
Only 1 dealer in US, and FMA is expensive, so there will not be many/or none US reviews.
Neither value nor high price is an impediment these days.

docvale

Mar 21, 2011
Briarcliff Manor, NY
I cannot enter the actual topic of this thread as I know 0 about equalization & Co.

Regarding the frequency of reviews on certain products, instead, the case of FMA doesn't look as isolated to me. Many companies are reluctant to send their products for review, and this has not automatically to be related to quality issues. Spectral is a paradigmatic case: their products, to me, are excellent, but how many reviews they have got over the last 30 years?

Regarding FMA in particular, the company seems to be more popular in Far East rather than in US. Gryphon has a similar pattern, and I don't recall any recent review on a Gryphon product here in the US. I ignore if it is due to marketing strategies or whatever.

In terms of quality, my experience with FMA is limited to a listening session with the smaller phono stage. I can only say it has been one of my favorite listening session (rest of the rig: Basis 2200 + Vector 3, Lyra Helikon, Spectral DMC-30 series 1 and DMA-250, Magico Mini).
I think that probably FMA should not be judged acknowledging the internal layout, which frequently looks really below the expectations you may have for pieces of gear with such high price tags.
I think, based on the experience with their cheapest products, that FMA may produce some of the finest pieces of equipment. On the other hand, I think they may be so expensive I'd force myself not to consider them worth the expense (but this is just a personal bias).

djanggo

Aug 7, 2011
FMA is no mystique, all but it take is one quick listen for the jaded to realize that the stuffs are quite something else. Set up as required, I've witnessed their single stereo 811 amp in their time literarily 'murdered' its 2-4 chassis sota competitions (ss/tube) which were mostly built like tanks, weighed tons, had unbelievable architectural innards, and sporting some of the prettiest object d'art metalwork to boot. So, if 'value' here is solely based on sound, then to me, yes, even their long dated 811/266 (restored) will still stand unabashedly head-to-head with some of today's finest, regardless of price.

Dave_A

Feb 25, 2013
lasvegasaudioclub.blogspot.com
FMA is no mystique, all but it take is one quick listen for the jaded to realize that the stuffs are quite something else. Set up as required, I've witnessed their single stereo 811 amp in their time literarily 'murdered' its 2-4 chassis sota competitions (ss/tube) which were mostly built like tanks, weighed tons, had unbelievable architectural innards, and sporting some of the prettiest object d'art metalwork to boot. So, if 'value' here is solely based on sound, then to me, yes, even their long dated 811/266 (restored) will still stand unabashedly head-to-head with some of today's finest, regardless of price.

I can believe that. I used to have the 244/611 combo. I'm still kicking myself for not keeping it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing