Battle Royal for a Studer A-820

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
The bidder clearly had the money and was going to buy the deck at any price.He even backed his bid to the end. Regardless I have seen items on Epay get in a bidding war because of the stupidity of the bidder allways following his higher bid with another.That forces the price higher because it becomes a game to some as they force his hand.You see this all the time and the item comes back on the market because the buyer gets "buyers remorse" from being gamed.
This sale won't stand and if it does it proves my first point.
Who would pay $26,000 for a A820 mk2 on this board ? Show that sale on the Ampex list and they'd howl even on Studer pages in Europe they'd howl .They are built like a watch but unfortunatly you have to be in business to recover any cost
outlay and I don't care what people think the electronics are less than stellar too surgical .

So either the Ebay auction was a scam and the price was artifically inflated or this really represents what someone is willing to pay. The proof in the pudding will be what the next A820 will bring on Ebay.

Didn't someone on this forum predict this would happen?

Round 2......It's showtime!

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Let me guess... two fake accounts attributed to the seller bidding off each other, hoping that someone would take the bait...

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Let me guess... two fake accounts attributed to the seller bidding off each other, hoping that someone would take the bait...

That's why one should check if the bidders have any past history on eBay or are they shill bidding?

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
287956_201532203311271_777419855_o.jpg

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

Hxt1

Nov 28, 2011
Vancouver B.C.
OMG! I want to just SEE one of these machines in 'real life'...
Did you see the pair on eBay last week?
They both went for around $7k!!
Yiiiipes!

Hxt1

Nov 28, 2011
Vancouver B.C.
I have decided this will be my next deck.... It will be so!!
Muahahahahahaaa!!!!
(one can dream)

OMG! I want to just SEE one of these machines in 'real life'...
Did you see the pair on eBay last week?
They both went for around $7k!!
Yiiiipes!

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Would have bought this recorder if not for the concern about breakdown issues & there is hardly any competent technician in my country. With the right tape , even my Studer A810 can compete with any high end turntable in a high end system

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing