What cables are you using in your system ?????

daytona600

Sep 9, 2012
scotland
Full loom of lessloss

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Oct 15, 2012

My system’s to cheap to hear the differences between cables, so I just make my own out of Canare or Mogami cable stock with Neutrik RCAs.

Back in the 90s and early 00s when I had gear top to bottom in a big three-piece “entertainment center,” I used this Mogami multi-core cable with Dayton RCAs that allowed me to make connections between multiple components in one cabinet and the AVR in another, with a single cable:

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Last edited:

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
^^^ I forgot to mention it, but I use Mogami IC's as well. Lovely cable!

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I recall another topic here at WBF related to this same questions, anyway... glad to share again that I have almost all Siltech wire (AC/IC) except for speaker which I have recently changed to Kondo ANz pure silver strands.

Just added a pair of Crystal Cable Dreamlines ICs and an MIT Magnum IC as well, less Siltech cabling is involved now in my system.

Amado

For my ARC REF10 : MIT magnum with ztrap Magnum
For my ARC REF150 : MIT magnum with ztrap Magnum
For my ARC REFPH2se : MIT Magnum
TT VPI SCOUTT II : MIT Magnum
SDS VPI : MIT Magnum
MIT Power Cond : MIT magnum with ztrap Magnum

Balanced cables : MIT ORACLE MA-x
Phono cable : MIT shotgun Phono
Interconnects cables : MIT matrix 23i
Speaker cables : (Pending) MIT Oracle 120hd

I had before all my cables from Transparent Audio but
I'm also a believer and the improvement with MIT are far better.

Reactions: gadawg58

C.T.Toad

Jan 23, 2013
Coastal South Jersey
Reactions: Scott Naylor

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Now using Black Cat Lectraline (silver core) interconnects, Black Cat Neo-Morpheus speaker cable, and Shunyata power cords.

Shaffer

Nov 2, 2012
NYS
Dunlavy speaker cable, WW digital, assorted Tara Labs, Kimber, DHLabs interconnects. DIY power accessories.

slowGEEZR

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
Well, I have been using inexpensive Mogami balanced interconnects throughout my system, but recently, I've been listening to various cables. I have changed the interconnect from my DAC to the preamp to an old audioquest Diamond silver interconnect. The improvement was easily apparent. I'm currently using a 6 meter pair of Purist Audio 25th Anniversary interconnects that I have borrowed from a friend. I am absolutely blown away by how these cables allow all the music through. The system sounds more true to life than ever before, with an effortless flow and much increased resolution. Here's a pic of these bad boys connected to my amps...
DSC00490-L.jpg

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
[video]http://www.shunyata.com/Content/about-videos.html[/video]

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
My friend Elrocco's system is cabled with top of the line Purist Audio Design 38k worth of cables this guy as tried - Nirvana - Siltech - Stealth - and finaly now all P.A.D. he his now very satisfied.:):):)

Système Elrocco 01.jpg
Système Elrocco 02.jpg
Système Elrocco 03.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JeromeFrancis

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
-- A CD player on the top right shelf Andre?

No Bob that's the CEC TL0 - X transport and the bottom shelf is the Jadis JS 1 MK2 converter.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
No Bob that's the CEC TL0 - X transport and the bottom shelv is the Jadis JS 1 MK2 converter.

Alright, I need to be educated here; what is the CEC TLO - X transport Andre?
What kind of music format does it play? ...CDs right? ...But it's just a transport.

* A Converter, that I know; a Digital to Analog Music converter. ...Or is it! :D

** That's a Magnum Dynalab Tuner right? ...On the top left. ...Great tuner, I love tuners; r.a.d.i.o. ... huge analog & digital r.a.d.i.o. fan myself (got tons of them). :b

BTW, behind those Jadis components you can see some serious size cablings there.

- Is that a small TV screen (Sony) at the left on the wall?

Last edited:

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
Alright, I need to be educated here; what is the CEC TLO - X transport Andre?
What kind of music format does it play? ...CDs right? ...But it's just a transport.

* A Converter, that I know; a Digital to Analog Music converter. ...Or is it! :D

** That's a Magnum Dynalab Tuner right? ...On the top left. ...Great tuner, I love tuners; r.a.d.i.o. ... huge analog & digital r.a.d.i.o. fan myself (got tons of them). :b

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/cec/cec.html

http://d-t-s.at/shop/en/Home-Theater/Electronics/oxid-oxid/Jadis-JS-1-MK-II.html

And yes it is a Magnum tuner

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing