What cables are you using in your system ?????

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
Yes you're right and maybe this is one of the reasons why.

In Denmark there is a fairly new cable company selling high end, super expensive cables, http://www.zensati.com.

Several of their cables costs something like 20'000 Euros.

In the last year they have been revealed to buy their cables cheap from a Taiwanese cable company, Jinwei.

PS: Not saying anything bad about the cable, i have never heard it so i cannot judge, but lot's of people judge by what they read sometimes BIG MISTAKE.

http://www.jinweicable.com/english/tpl/aboutus.html

Snoop65

Apr 19, 2012
A galaxy far far away
I'm using Audioquest Columbia 72v DBS interconnects, Audiquest Gibraltar 72v DBS speaker cables ,Silver High Breed Epitome power cables and a Shunyata Venom 3 power cable.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Hello Jazzhead and welcome to the forum! It looks as if you have assembled some nice gear. We hope you enjoy this forum and look forward to reading more about your observations.

Tom

Hi Tom , many thanks for the welcome ... Lovely forum you have here am sure to enjoy and benefit from it . Cheers !

classba

Jul 18, 2012
Tara Labs Zero Gold XLR, Tara Labs Colbalt x 5, Tara Labs Omega Gold S/C, Tara Labs Sub cables, Siltech Ruby Double Crown P/C, Siltech Empress Double Crown XLR, Synergistic Research Precision Reference for Powercell 10SE MK-2, The Missing Link Passion Signature Krell Cast cables, Oyaide FTVS-510 digital word clock cable. :)

Last edited:

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

In Denmark there is a fairly new cable company selling high end, super expensive cables, http://www.zensati.com.

In the last year they have been revealed to buy their cables cheap from a Taiwanese cable company, Jinwei.

PS: Not saying anything bad about the cable, i have never heard it so i cannot judge, but lot's of people judge by what they read sometimes BIG MISTAKE.

Is there a link to this cable being outed or just the Chinese link?

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA

I think Zensati is one of the cables that MF flipped over in one of his S'phile articles on "high priced" cables a while back..:eek: Although looking at the Taiwanese web site and the Zensati website...I don't see too much similarity in the cables, not that that means so much.:confused:

CSG

Oct 30, 2012
Not a believer so I use some homemade and decent Monoprice and Radio Shack interconnects and 12 gauge speaker wire on my two systems. Then again, my systems are not expensive high end systems. I do like the look of Techflex covered cables and I'm sure that helps contribute to their sonic properties. ;)

Barry

Member Sponsor
Jan 7, 2012
Somewhere near Philadelphia, USA
Totally a believer since about 25 years ago. However, think it's the last thing in the system you should experiment with and you don't necessarily need to spend a fortune once you spend a "certain amount" . Most importantly, if you haven't used an Audio Dharma cable cooker, you have no idea what your cables sound like. Oh, Acoustic Zen.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Good evening to the both of you and allow me to welcome to the forum, if I haven't already done so. There is nothing to "believe". You have either heard what they can do or you have not. It's really as simple as that. "Belief" is in no way part of the equation.

Tom

CSG

Oct 30, 2012
The OP used the term "believer" so I was simply acknowledging the term he used. I have heard and IMO they do not do anything more than the most basic of cables. I am very much an objectivist about audio claims and I've never heard a difference.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Idgit (myself). You are correct. The OP did state it that way. My statement can apply to him as well and anybody else who feels one should "believe" though, at least with regards to cables. As for you not hearing any change? Maybe one day you can experience what a cable can do for a system, perhaps not. Too many variables to say with certainty as to whether you will or will not. You may want to count your blessings that you haven't heard any discernible difference though. My wallet would would have been much happier not purchasing so many different sets of cables over the years.

Tom

CSG

Oct 30, 2012
As I said, I'm an objectivist when it comes to audio and its many myths. There are many things that make sense to me but rules about what percentage of the system value one should spend on cables and cables being "danceable" are not one of them. But I know how contentious these cable discussions can be and, like religion and politics, neither side will convince the other of the correctness of their position. ;)

Not my intention here to get into debates about cables because I know many believe in their contribution to their system but if someone asks what they should use, I'll always opt for basic, well-made cabling and nothing more. Looking at my gear list, my two systems cost less than some speaker pairs or interconnects that some will purchase so we live in two different worlds when it comes to where should one put their money in audio. I think one would get a greater return to invest the cost of high end cables into better speakers but that's the objectivist in me. ;)

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Added an 1.5 meter pair of Nordost Tyr's....all I can say is WOW!!!The old saying of a major veil being lifted is so true with these cables. My old cables ( Highwire) were no slouch, or so I thought, BUT compared to the Tyr, not in that league at all!! Across the board improvements in the bottom end, imaging precision, high freq integration, midrange integration and more precise placement of instruments. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
BTW, to all those non-believers, all I can say is you have NEVER heard what your system can do until you insert a cable like the Nordost's into your system.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Added an 1.5 meter pair of Nordost Tyr's....all I can say is WOW!!!The old saying of a major veil being lifted is so true with these cables. My old cables ( Highwire) were no slouch, or so I thought, BUT compared to the Tyr, not in that league at all!! Across the board improvements in the bottom end, imaging precision, high freq integration, midrange integration and more precise placement of instruments. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
BTW, to all those non-believers, all I can say is you have NEVER heard what your system can do until you insert a cable like the Nordost's into your system.

It's a fantastic cable isn't it; it's my phono cable that complements the Valhalla in the arm. Enjoy it

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
I just heard some Black Cat NeoMorpheus on Magnepan 20.7s driven by Cary 500 watt amps. Very lifelike sound and very open. These cables are only budget in terms of price. You don't have to spend thousands of dollars on speaker cable to get reference quality sound.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I don't play in the super/big leagues of audio and cables, but I was turned on to Valab/King Cables by naturephoto1 (Rich) and I would urge you to try some. They are not expensive at all, but absolutely deliver.

I also use UltraLink, Transparent (speakers), AudioQuest, MIT, Emotiva (IC's) and Nordost Blue heaven (Power).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing