What cables are you using in your system ?????

ssfas

Sep 13, 2023
Narnia
Duelund - DCA12GA600V for AC and DCA16GA for DC and RCA
Those are very interesting choices. The AC cable has a very high current rating and the DC is old school design, now illegal in the UK for AC but fine for signal and speakers. Also a very good price, the same price as my recently acquired 5T00UP speaker wire (Gamma Infinity without the fairy dust).

The irony is that they are tinned copper, the same type of wire used in fuses by Bussman etc. that some people don't want to use as being inferior.

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Who’s to argue? Your system, your ears. No one should use expensive alternatives if they don’t discern any difference.

I realize this is not quite your point but I thought audiophile cables, especially expensive audiophile cables were supposed to make a sonic difference between themselves and some other expensive audiophile cable. Aren't they designed to make a difference? Otherwise how do they differentiate themselves from one another ... jewlery? blingery? Is an expensive cable from which you do not discen a difference a failed cable?

flkin

Mar 7, 2019
Bangkok
Those are very interesting choices. The AC cable has a very high current rating and the DC is old school design, now illegal in the UK for AC but fine for signal and speakers. Also a very good price, the same price as my recently acquired 5T00UP speaker wire (Gamma Infinity without the fairy dust).

The irony is that they are tinned copper, the same type of wire used in fuses by Bussman etc. that some people don't want to use as being inferior.
Sure, tinned copper is old school but they do sound so natural. Price is not an indication of sound quality - my Duelund and QSA-Landri cables are on the opposite ends of the price spectrum but they both have a contribution in my system. Ultimately the only way to know this is to try them assuming they are within the budget. A measure of common sense and willingness to experiment can help guide the way since a cable might be good in a system and not in another one for a whole truckload of reasons many of which we don't really understand. The old adage "proof of the pudding is in the eating" really does apply.

FIY: Pink Faun puts tinned copper wires in teflon called PCX cabling in their acclaimed 2.16x streamers to good use, I believe it's one of the reasons why they sound so good.

Reactions: Republicoftexas69

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
In my view this whole cable business is there to provide some sort of instant relief for audiophiles who are not happy with what they hear .
The problem might be in the speaker for example but they are not sure , plus a speaker is an expensive swap .
Buy good neutral speakers/ transducers first properly driven by good quality amps and use a good source

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
In my view this whole cable business is there to provide some sort of instant relief for audiophiles who are not happy with what they hear .
The problem might be in the speaker for example but they are not sure , plus a speaker is an expensive swap .
Buy good neutral speakers/ transducers first properly driven by good quality amps and use a good source
I thought the same for years. I recommend you borrow a Cinch+speaker cable from the Echole Orius series. I predict that after the second song you will say "damn, that's how it's supposed to sound". I'll spare you empty words that don't really describe what happens when you play music with these cables. You have to hear it yourself or you won't believe it. And this effect occurred on 3 different HiFi systems with these cables, so it's not just my imagination or voodoo.

P.S
For cables that are completely new, you should give it a few hours.
it is clear that I will not buy anymore expensive devices only these cables from now.

Last edited:

Another Johnson

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2022
Music City, USA aka Nashville
I realize this is not quite your point but I thought audiophile cables, especially expensive audiophile cables were supposed to make a sonic difference between themselves and some other expensive audiophile cable. Aren't they designed to make a difference? Otherwise how do they differentiate themselves from one another ... jewlery? blingery? Is an expensive cable from which you do not discen a difference a failed cable?
No. It is the wrong cable for that listener listening to that system. A good dealer can readily help by providing good auditions and/or in home trial.

If one buys based on price and what “those guys on the internet said,” without a good demo or in home trial, disappointment should not be surprising.

Cable discussions are always a quagmire because everyone considers themselves to be “in the know.” Hardly any audiophiles actually consider that their opinion, except perhaps in extreme cases on the low end, is not the last word when it comes to what other people hear.

My position is “don’t waste your money on status focused bling.” If you don’t discern a difference and you’re happy, don’t judge what another person might consider the changes that gave him the boost to his best plateau so far. His ears, his system.

Juiced

Nov 26, 2022
Interconnects: Kondo Ls-41
Speaker cable and crossover: Kondo SPs- 2.7
Digital: Generic USB and Generic Ethernet cables
ToneArm to Phono cable: ALBEDO PHONO DIN-RCA
Power cables for Amp, DAC, Phono: Kondo ACz-AVOCADO

Republicoftexas69

No. It is the wrong cable for that listener listening to that system. A good dealer can readily help by providing good auditions and/or in home trial.

If one buys based on price and what “those guys on the internet said,” without a good demo or in home trial, disappointment should not be surprising.

Cable discussions are always a quagmire because everyone considers themselves to be “in the know.” Hardly any audiophiles actually consider that their opinion, except perhaps in extreme cases on the low end, is not the last word when it comes to what other people hear.

My position is “don’t waste your money on status focused bling.” If you don’t discern a difference and you’re happy, don’t judge what another person might consider the changes that gave him the boost to his best plateau so far. His ears, his system.
Exactly! My position is “don’t waste your money on status focused bling.” If you don’t discern a difference and you’re happy, don’t judge what another person might consider the changes that gave him the boost to his best plateau so far. His ears, his system.

Republicoftexas69

I have to ask, is there the Cable Police in the UK? As they are AC cables you could not use them regardless of the law.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing