What cables are you using in your system ?????

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
Hi guy's i would like to know what cables are you using in your system and are you a believer or not.

First i will state that i'm part of the believer group but without going overboard i believe that you should invest at least 15% of your system's value in cables.

Gabriel Gold Rapture R Interconnects
Gabriel Gold Rapture R 01.jpg

Tara Labs Temporal Continuum Speaker cables
Tara Labs Temporal Continuum Speaker Cables.jpg

Grant Fidelity PC-1.5 Power cords ( 4 ) AMP - CD - Acoustat interfaces -
Grant Fidelity PC-1.5 Power Cord.jpg

Grant Fidelity RPF-120 Conditioner
RPF-120 with cord new2.jpg

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I recall another topic here at WBF related to this same questions, anyway... glad to share again that I have almost all Siltech wire (AC/IC) except for speaker which I have recently changed to Kondo ANz pure silver strands.

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
I recall another topic here at WBF related to this same questions, anyway... glad to share again that I have almost all Siltech wire (AC/IC) except for speaker which I have recently changed to Kondo ANz pure silver strands.

I'm sorry it could be another thread that i started but i looked everywhere and did not find it, it could be on another forum because i belong to many, french and english when i'm not listening i'm on the net talking about my only passion MUSIC & EQUIPMENT.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
I recently acquired Nordost Frey's, which were a nice improvement on my prior Highwire's. Nordost seems to be a cable that you have to audition in your system since it seems to have varying degrees of success. However, IMO IF it works with your gear, you are in for a treat.

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
Ive got about 0,3 % invested in cables , and i dont expect much of a return .:D

Just like anything else, there are those that believe and those that don't and that's fine to, if for YOU it's all the same why spend the big $$$$$ ?????.

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
WARNING! WARNING! Thread redirect... what's the percentage $$$ spent on cables to TSC (total system cost)? This reviewer is pegging the current cables at 12% of TSC.

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
Are we speaking of retail cost or actual acquisition cost?

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
Are we speaking of retail cost or actual acquisition cost?

Retail of course, BUT nobody pays retail, everybody know's that.:)

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Varies Between Black Cat Morpheus, Cardas Golden Reference and Kimber 8TC and Hero.

class a

Jul 10, 2011
Recently replaced my 10yr old Transparent Music Waves w/Tellirium Q Black. Very pleased w/the results more detail at the top end and a more defined bass. Not a huge amount of money I had a credit at the store for selling some old records and they gave me a 10% discount so the total bill was about $300.

jazzminded

Aug 14, 2012
Canada
I replaced Kimber/Nordost speaker cables with Mogami 3103. After 110 hours of usage, I regret that I did not try this wire sooner, on my present pc to dac/amp system the results are stunning.

Last edited:

LenWhite

Feb 11, 2011
Florida
systems.audiogon.com
21% of total system retail including room acoustics.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Hello Everybody ...

ZenSati Seraphim I/C and Speaker , A/C cords ZenSati Cherub and Siltech Double Crown.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Hello Everybody ...

ZenSati Seraphim I/C and Speaker , A/C cords ZenSati Cherub and Siltech Double Crown.

Interesting, other than shows you're the first person that I know using Zensati ;) What gear are you using it with, what were you using previously and how does it stack up?

BTW, welcome!

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello Jazzhead and welcome to the forum! It looks as if you have assembled some nice gear. We hope you enjoy this forum and look forward to reading more about your observations.

Tom

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing