TAD on the cheap?

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
I came accross a compelling purchase offer on the Pioneer/TAD S-2EX. Considered by a dealer that sells both to be within 90% of the TAD CR-1. im about the pull the trigger based on the very positive impression i have of the CR-1, i have zero experience with the S-2EX. Anyone heard one?

Kal Rubinson

May 4, 2010
NYC
www.stereophile.com

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The little boy in me is laughing at how the site software abbreviated Kal's link above. LOL.

AudioExplorations

Apr 5, 2012
Nice looking speakers! If they get up to 90% of the CR1's they must surely be one of the best value offerings in hifi.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I came accross a compelling purchase offer on the Pioneer/TAD S-2EX. Considered by a dealer that sells both to be within 90% of the TAD CR-1. im about the pull the trigger based on the very positive impression i have of the CR-1, i have zero experience with the S-2EX. Anyone heard one?

I got the same reaction when I read the Ad Rob, but I have no actual need for another pair right now - sounds tempting thou... what`s the asking price now?

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
I got the same reaction when I read the Ad Rob, but I have no actual need for another pair right now - sounds tempting thou... what`s the asking price now?

list is 8700 w/ stands. these have been discontinued and being offered for 5000 w/ stands. they're heavy and shipped on a pallet, frieght within the Us is almost 300. im gonna do it.

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
The little boy in me is laughing at how the site software abbreviated Kal's link above. LOL.

..and that's why I opt for carpeting...

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
i found a pair of s-1ex's in LA im going to inspect and listen too. i've received a pm and an email with varying things to say from poor workmanship to being power hungry. im not in a big hurry, we'll see.

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Let us know Rob, they look promising! Congrats!

i demoed the s-1ex and they were spectacular, not the s-2ex i was thinking of getting but similar i would imagine w/o actually hearing both side by side.

i went the other way and acquired the joseph audio pulsars. i tenatively have a mmmicroones on order but who knows when those will show. i've got a thing for small monitors and big 'stats and the pulsars are the best all-rounder for a mini monitor, that ive heard.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
So you are listening a new set of speakers? The Pulsars are great from what I have read about them...

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
ill have them in a week or so, ill post a vid when they're up and running. what camera did you use? im in the market for an hd digicam with a good mic.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
If you are refering to my videonshot I posted somewhere else, I used my iPhone 4S :)

Glory

Oct 28, 2011
Destin, FL.
list is 8700 w/ stands. these have been discontinued and being offered for 5000 w/ stands. they're heavy and shipped on a pallet, frieght within the Us is almost 300. im gonna do it.

I am getting these guys. Going from EA MM1. Did you ever get them and if so what say you?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing