Muralman1

wineslob

Aug 5, 2010
I've done some searching here and haven't seen anything about Vince, so I'll update. If this is a dupe, sorry.
Unknown to me, Vince had been battling ALS, and passed on May 30th.
He and I had actually met a few times at his home and spent quite a few hours listening to his system. The past year or so have been pretty busy for me, my own father was fighting Multiple Myeloma and died in early Feburary. As a result I kinda lost track of Vince.
I went to the Apogee forums this morning and found out he had passed. I never knew he had such a serious illness, and he never really said anything to me.

He was very very different in person than on the forums. Just a nice guy all around.

He'll be missed.

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/06/10/4550944/obituary-vincent-bezdecheck-led.html

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Vince you will be missed,RIP.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
I am sorry to hear that Vince passed. I went with Bruce some eight years ago to hear his Scintillas in Sacramento, and the Apogee Mini Grand of another Apogee user.

I have to admit I tuned him out a bit because of his variety of obsessions and invariant and predictable postures, especially concerning his beloved Scintillas. He was the source of some spirited discussions and entertaining battles with various nemesises on the audio boards.

ALS is not a fun condition, and to keep quiet about it while suffering was stoic. I hope they have Scintillas in the great listening room in the sky.

Last edited:

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Vince had found his personal audio nirvana. I'm sure he took it with him. RIP.

Tim

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I once asked Vince if he was still painting and all he said was that his health was suffering so he'd put that on the back burner for a while. Talk about fortitude.

You'll be missed Vince. Rest in Peace.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Bummer. Rest in peace Vince.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I will quote one of Muralman great posts from Audiogon, where I met him much before I came to WBF:

01-25-10: Muralman1

I had been frequenting Keith Yate's brick audio show room for several weeks. Each week Keith had one set of speakers in the large audition room. I had
heard a number of the best speakers of the day over my visits.

One day, when I entered, Keith wasn't there with his customary glass of red wine. That turned out not to be the only thing out of the ordinary. This day, I
heard real music. Someone was playing a piano nearby. There was no mistaking the sound with any hi-fi I had ever listened to.

Set on angle, some twelve feet apart, were two blonde cloth panels looking like anything but a speaker. I walked up to one on perchance it was a
speaker. The piano concert sounded somewhere in the distance. I walked behind, and the sound didn't change. No matter where I was in the room, I
heard the piano, always some distance away.

There was an open door. I went there, expecting to see Keith listening to a piano recital in an adjoining room, but no. The sound went away.

Walking back into the sound room, I chanced upon Keith's prized Goldmund turntable. It was spinning a record. I suddenly felt faint, realizing those
panels were indeed speakers. By some magical spell, they produced not a sound, but a performance that remained real sounding from any listening
point.

Later I learned the speakers were Apogee Scintillas. I fell in love.

Rest in peace, Vince.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I did not know him, but he sounded like someone I maybe should have.

My sincerest condolences to his family and friends!

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
No one deserves such an ending. Really, really sad.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing