Amplification options with TAD speakers

olivier

VIP/Donor
Nov 27, 2016
Munich
Thank you @Amir The Vitus I own has definitely enough power with my TAD ME1. The only reason I’m hesitating moving to TAD amplification is that I may find it less engaging than Vitus. I know only listening to it in my home will give me the answer.
Sorry to chime in and i don´t know the Vitus, but one of the strengths of the TAD MK2500 mk2 is speed. I also do have the combination Zu Druid VI driven by Atma M60, which are known for speed and the 2500 Mk2 is as fast driving the TAD CR1.

Reactions: Ricco275

Ricco275

VIP/Donor
May 22, 2023
Paris France
Sorry to chime in and i don´t know the Vitus, but one of the strengths of the TAD MK2500 mk2 is speed. I also do have the combination Zu Druid VI driven by Atma M60, which are known for speed and the 2500 Mk2 is as fast driving the TAD CR1.
Thank you @olivier. I just want to be sure the TAD Amp sounds rich and full enough. And not too clean and bright.

olivier

VIP/Donor
Nov 27, 2016
Munich
Well i think this is a matter of taste. The 2500mkii is very neutral. i tested different preamps and Dacs and the 2500 showed all differences. i also tried the CR1 with different amps and on my opinion the body also comes with power. If the amp cannot drive the load, the low end suffers. But the ME1´s load is not as difficult as the CR1.
Someone wrote that the M1000 would be a bit leaner, but i don´t know them.

Ricco275

VIP/Donor
May 22, 2023
Paris France
Well i think this is a matter of taste. The 2500mkii is very neutral. i tested different preamps and Dacs and the 2500 showed all differences. i also tried the CR1 with different amps and on my opinion the body also comes with power. If the amp cannot drive the load, the low end suffers. But the ME1´s load is not as difficult as the CR1.
Someone wrote that the M1000 would be a bit leaner, but i don´t know them.
Thanks. my Vitus has 300W per channel in 8 ohms. So I'm not lacking drive. I've read too about the M1000 being leaner than the M2500.

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
Thank you @olivier. I just want to be sure the TAD Amp sounds rich and full enough. And not too clean and bright.
TAD is not too clean or bright but generally speaking more neutral/transparent/revealing systems (like TAD) are more sensitive to setup/acoustics/records/AC quality…

Ricco275

VIP/Donor
May 22, 2023
Paris France
TAD is not too clean or bright but generally speaking more neutral/transparent/revealing systems (like TAD) are more sensitive to setup/acoustics/records/AC quality…
It’s clear, thanks. I just wonder if we can say TAD amplification is better with TAD speakers than Vitus, at same product line level. Perhaps hard to objectively assess as it’s in the eye of the beholder.

Stef

Jan 10, 2021
Paris / France
It’s clear, thanks. I just wonder if we can say TAD amplification is better with TAD speakers than Vitus, at same product line level. Perhaps hard to objectively assess as it’s in the eye of the beholder.
I don't know Vitus + TAD so can't help to assess the differences but I can share my experience with my TAD speakers (CR1tx & ME1) in 2 systems with 2 different setups.
The Me1 are driven by a DartZeel integrated amp (CTH-8550) and there is enough power for a small room (20/25m2) with 330 watts RMS @4Ω. Sound is fast, quite dynamic, detailed and highly musical with a slight but beautiful coloration. Very good synergy between those 2 brands on my opinion. Simple and strait-forward setup. I love it.
The CR1tx are driven by 2 TAD M1000 (in bi-amping) which are highly neutral, not cold at all, super fast and detailed. Preamp is also TAD (C600) so no synergy problems. The M2500 are now discontinued and replaced by the M1000 which are more versatile when you want to bi-amp your system.
My take is that the M1000 (500W @4Ω) will perform at the level of your preamp - they have an input gain Gain of 29.5 dB like all the TAD Power Amps so it's important to find the right preamp partner (symmetric and Gain around 12dB like TAD preamp).

Ricco275

VIP/Donor
May 22, 2023
Paris France
I don't know Vitus + TAD so can't help to assess the differences but I can share my experience with my TAD speakers (CR1tx & ME1) in 2 systems with 2 different setups.
The Me1 are driven by a DartZeel integrated amp (CTH-8550) and there is enough power for a small room (20/25m2) with 330 watts RMS @4Ω. Sound is fast, quite dynamic, detailed and highly musical with a slight but beautiful coloration. Very good synergy between those 2 brands on my opinion. Simple and strait-forward setup. I love it.
The CR1tx are driven by 2 TAD M1000 (in bi-amping) which are highly neutral, not cold at all, super fast and detailed. Preamp is also TAD (C600) so no synergy problems. The M2500 are now discontinued and replaced by the M1000 which are more versatile when you want to bi-amp your system.
My take is that the M1000 (500W @4Ω) will perform at the level of your preamp - they have an input gain Gain of 29.5 dB like all the TAD Power Amps so it's important to find the right preamp partner (symmetric and Gain around 12dB like TAD preamp).
Thank you very much for the useful insights. I have a Music First Audio passive preamp and the manufacturer believes there will be no compatibility issues with TAD amp.

Reactions: Stef

olivier

VIP/Donor
Nov 27, 2016
Munich
Thank you very much for the useful insights. I have a Music First Audio passive preamp and the manufacturer believes there will be no compatibility issues with TAD amp.
Yes the relation between output impedance of your source and the input impedance of the TAD amp seems to be ok

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing