Studer A810 tape lifter

Editor

Jun 26, 2012
Hi, does anybody know how to program tape lifter able/disable function at Studer A810?
Regards, Nikolay

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Hi, does anybody know how to program tape lifter able/disable function at Studer A810?
Regards, Nikolay

Sure Ki Choi does :) You may want to PM him!

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello and welcome to the forum BTW, Nikolay.

Ki Choi

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Seattle WA area
Sure Ki Choi does :) You may want to PM him!

Thanks for your vote of confidence, Myles.

Nikolay:

You can program one of the three pushbuttons located at right of the "TRANS" and "LOC1" to work as LIFT control button.

Let me know what your pushbutton legends say for your A810 next to the TRANS and LOC1.

You would also need to decide if the pushbutton should work as a Momentary (on while pushed in and off when you lift your finger away) or Flip-Flop (on when you first push it and off the next time you push the same button again) switch.

With above two information, we can help you program the LIFT function.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Thanks for your vote of confidence, Myles.

Nikolay:

You can program one of the three pushbuttons located at right of the "TRANS" and "LOC1" to work as LIFT control button.

Let me know what your pushbutton legends say for your A810 next to the TRANS and LOC1.

You would also need to decide if the pushbutton should work as a Momentary (on while pushed in and off when you lift your finger away) or Flip-Flop (on when you first push it and off the next time you push the same button again) switch.

With above two information, we can help you program the LIFT function.

Ki:

If you can shut down a nuclear plant, fixing a Studer is a walk in the park :)

Ki Choi

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Seattle WA area
Ki:

If you can shut down a nuclear plant, fixing a Studer is a walk in the park :)

Hey Myles,

Shutting down nuclear plants is relatively easier than to restart them after an "incident"... the global nuke industry is in deep trouble since the Fukushima...

On the subject of fixing Studer, there's one issue I am facing currently on a friend's machine with capstan control that have me stomped so far... It would be easier to navigate through the Central Park at night...perhaps. ;)

Editor

Jun 26, 2012
Many thanks, Ki Choi
I was out on business a few day and had an opportunity to read the Studer SM one more time. I've found everything about Tape Lift I need.

Ki Choi

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Seattle WA area
Nikolay:

Glad to know you found the answers.

One of the main reasons why I like Studer so much is their freely available documentation that is deep in details and impressive in quantity/quality of information including their theory of operation for each section that is unique. If one has some basic electronics background, it is easy to understand and follow their design philosophy.

As for your issue, you can configure the machine to go into mute when FF or REW modes.

Ki

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing