Requesting Suggestions From Members Re New Dedicated Fora

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Steve, I'd like to see a Pass Labs heading under the Manufacturers listings. Thanks.

+1

As much as I love carts, it would be too unwieldly to cover all great Mfg. carts in individual forums. (Ala Jack's request), imho

That said...Pass is more than well deserving to have it's own forum....just my 2 cents.

I've had Pass in the past and would love to get more feedback on the new Xs series, so if there is enough interest in a Pass Labs forum that would be cool.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
+1

As much as I love carts, it would be too unwieldly to cover all great Mfg. carts in individual forums. (Ala Jack's request), imho

That said...Pass is more than well deserving to have it's own forum....just my 2 cents.

+1

Thf99

Member Sponsor
May 1, 2012
How about Genesis? As manufacturer of the world's best loudspeaker system (Genesis 1.2, at least to me), I'm sure many will be interested in this brand.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
My contribution today is not about a new forum, but rather a streamlining of an existing one.

That forum is: What's Best In Content - Music

The General Music Discussion sub-section is by far the most populated in terms of threadstarts and posts. The other 5 are barely hanging on for survival. Surely this is not due to a lack of interest in music, although the thought has crossed my mind. So what do we do? Do we kill the 5 hangers-on or do we restructure/rename this part of the site? I say we restructure/rename it and I'd like your help by replying to this post with your suggestions.

Here are some of my inital thoughts on a restructuring/renaming:

1. General Music Discussion - discuss anything and everything related to music that doesn't fit elsewhere
2. Analog Music Releases - discuss and review title specific releases.
3. Digital Music Releases - discuss and review title specific releases.
4. Jazz/Blues - general discussion for fans of the genre(s)
5. Pop/Rock/R&B - general discussion for fans of the genre(s)
6. New Age/World - general discussion for fans of the genre(s)
7. Classical - general discussion for fans of the genre.

Ok, by adding one more secton I didn't quite streamline it, but having a Featured Vinyl Review section and no Featured Digital Review section isn't right.

I really would like to see more growth in this area and this is my feeble attempt at it. Help me out! ;) and thanks!

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
--- I mentioned this in the past, and I'll try again ...

Does it take too much computer bandwidth from WBF to increase the number of PMs allowed?
If yes then forget I said anything.

And if possible, 500 would be cool. :b IMO

* One thing I gotta say: This forum, this site (WBF), is FREE (cost nothing to us, only to the founders), and is also FREE OF ADVERTISING!

And that, is TOTALLY AWESOME! :cool:
...That truly means something real here 'bout the essence of life, the people's heart who started this Best Forum. A huge thank you to you behind all of this. :b ...And that comes directly from my mind, soul and heart, and with the full impact of its true meaning (100%+).

There, I just said it. :b

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
---Another thing I'm gonna share with all of you.

* I got some feedback from other people about WBF (all of it is pure positivity),
and NEVER nothing negatif. ...Yeah, the odd reflection sometimes on arguing back & forth,
but that's how you truly progress in life; by going deep into all equations of the discussions. :b ...Searching always for the Best outcome.

It is what resigns in man's brain that defines his true path in life (destiny). - Me that said that.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Just curious why you need to save over 500 PM's Bob :confused:

Saves time to not have to delete. :b

* Also, I think I am a saving person of nature; I keep track of everything I can in my life.
Yes, I am a huge saving person. ...Sorry about that Steve.

But then, there is a very positive side in this, and that's the side of life I take. :b

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Just delete the old messages! Surely they're not all keepers? I've been here for over 2 years and only have 113 PM.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
OK Bob, I eased up on the brakes a bit and all Registered members have 350. I want to see what if any effect this might have on slowing the site down

Thanx Steve; all it'll do is to increase traffic on the open highways, which is best for open communication. :b

Just delete the old messages! Surely they're not all keepers? I've been here for over 2 years and only have 113 PM.

You missed my above post John.

* My PM activity here is very modest (almost 200 PMs right now, and I already deleted 100 or more). And most of that activity (90%) is from other members who PMed me, and then me responding back to them. I even told several members to use my [Visitor Messages] box for communicating with me on matters not related to life & death situations.
I am an extremely open person, and don't have many secrets in my life; and the few that I do have, I learned to keep them for myself. ...No other person to better trust than yourself. :b

Last edited:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

MilkMan

Feb 9, 2012
No need to pollute the internet any more than it already is, or needs to be.

Sure, it starts with raising the quote to 500, then 1000, thereafter 1500, and on and on it goes. :rolleyes:

Personally I think people should exercise a modicum of discretion over which PMs are important and therefore, keepers.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing