Requesting Suggestions From Members Re New Dedicated Fora

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Requesting Suggestions From Members Re New Dedicated Fora
Over the past several months we have seen a huge explosion of new members here at WBF. It has always been our goal to provide dedicated forums for members who shared a love for a common make of gear and we placed these in the Manufacturer's forum. This has proved a huge success as seen recently when I started dedicated fora for TAD as well as Burmester. These dedicated fora have grown rapidly and are always active with new posts and topics.

With members now from every continent and many countries around the world, we are finding that there are many brands used around the world but not necessarily in the USA. As a result if there are brands that members feel they would want for a dedicated forum, please send me the info by way of PM so that we can discuss it further. All ideas in fact are always welcome

Once again thanks to everyone for their help and endless contributions in making WBF the number fastest growing high end audio site on the internet

Steve Williams

waxing poetic jap.

However those that post here (save yourself ;)) do speak highly of the sight and are passing the word to their audiophile friends

Have a look at our membership numbers and then look at record number of users on June 6th. I have been told by several members here that that number is higher than similar sites that have many many times our membership.

You enjoy the rest of the weekend now jap

jap

Banned
Apr 6, 2012
waxing poetic jap.

However those that post here (save yourself ;)) do speak highly of the sight and are passing the word to their audiophile friends

Have a look at our membership numbers and then look at record number of users on June 6th. I have been told by several members here that that number is higher than similar sites that have many many times our membership.

You enjoy the rest of the weekend now jap

Thanks.

The reason I asked, I saw a post over on AudioAficionado.org, that in just six weeks(4/20/12 - 06/01/12) it added more than twice the number of members that WBF has attracted in more than two years.

Steve Williams

Thanks.

The reason I asked, I saw a post over on AudioAficionado.org, that in just six weeks(4/20/12 - 06/01/12) it added more than twice the number of members that WBF has attracted in more than two years.

I'm sure you're correct as I don't hang out over there as you do. To most, that site is more of a social networking site with very little substance when compared to ours.

Now to compare

our site has 2700 members but shows a record number online at any one time of 745

Audioaficionado.org has 58,697 members with their record online number at any one time of 634

So you do the math

I ask you where are all their members? Certainly not posting. They might be encouraged to join and post a few times but here at WBF you'll find members from all over the world, many of whom are experts in their fields, manufacturers, dealers, DIY'rs, hobbyists all engaged in discussion of some aspect of the hobby which brings us all together. Although here at WBF there are many members who own McIntosh gear and post in the dedicated McIntosh Forum here, this is not a prerequisite of being a member here. You can even read some negative comments here re McIntosh unlike that other sight

Anyhow, sorry for my rant but I think you get my drift.

Thf99

Member Sponsor
May 1, 2012
Thanks.

It's not just about quantity, it's more about quality. Just look at quality of audio experts and music lovers here. You can't find that in AA. In AA, you have a person who calls himself a master and a commander in chief helming it. A real master will NEVER call himself one. Over there you must only say things he loves to hear. But here in WBF, there is complete freedom! Let's not worry about quantity. It's quality that matters and with the current quality, it is more than enough.
Like I said earlier, WBF is, without a doubt, the best audio site on the planet. Great job, Steve.

Steve Williams

Thanks for the kudos.

Amir and I are always striving to make this an even better place and hence the reason for my solicitation of new fora. I mentioned we have members all over the world and I just noticed that you are from Kuala Lumpur

Thf99

Member Sponsor
May 1, 2012
Sorry, Amir, I forgot to mention your name. You and Steve have really done a great job in creating interests in all aspects of audio and music all over the world.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
jap - Let me throw some numbers at you:

AudioAfficionado: Members>58,729.....Threads>13,112
WhatsBestForum: Members> 2,701...Threads>5,641

It's obvious, based on these numbers, the membership here is much more active.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
If it helps, this and martinloganowners.com are the only sites I am a member of. Bigot me. :D Glad to be trumped by more knowledgeable and technical folks, and if we could only also attract Charlie Hansen here...

PS: My vote still goes for an FM Acoustics forum

Last edited:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'd like to see the following forums created. Many existing members have these or have histories with these manufacturers

Lyra - Jonathan Carr is already a member here
Ortofon
Dynavector
Koetsu

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
It seems to me that one category that has been left out are cable manufacturers. More people ask questions about cables/sound with equipment than almost any other category. Perhaps we could start with Nordost, MIT, Transparent, AudioQuest, Cardas and Kubala-Sosna and then add as reqested?

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I would say a new forum , Zanden .
The thing i like about this forum is , that it is easy going .
A lot of members have good knowledge and a lot of expirience , and most important one doesnt get loads of **** over him as soon as he is enthousiastic about expensive gear.:p

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
If it helps, this and martinloganowners.com are the only sites I am a member of. Bigot me. :D Glad to be trumped by more knowledgeable and technical folks, and if we could only also attract Charlie Hansen here...

PS: My vote still goes for an FM Acoustics forum

-----Ack, FM Acoustics forum, can you tell a litlle bit more 'bout, please?
Is this 'bout FM r.a.d.i.o. or 'bout Music Recordings? ...Thank you so kindly. :b

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
It seems to me that one category that has been left out are cable manufacturers. More people ask questions about cables/sound with equipment than almost any other category. Perhaps we could start with Nordost, MIT, Transparent, AudioQuest, Cardas and Kubala-Sosna and then add as reqested?

-----Very good suggestion Myles; and KK, WireWorld, Esoteric, Ultralink, etc.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Would it be of interest to add a section for Grant Fidelity?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing