Welcome To All

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I want to take the time to welcome everyone to the What's Best Forum. My name is Steve Williams and for years have posted on many sites under the screen name of "oneobgyn". I am a retired Obstetrician/Gynecologist who has been involved in this hobby for almost 50 years. I can honestly say that in that time I have met some of my closest friends who like me are involved in this hobby. Over the years I have had countless systems in my home but not until recently can I say that I have reached audio nirvana. I am for the first time content with my system and am planning no changes. I am planning one (maybe two) additions this year, specifically a computer based music server and quite possibly a return to vinyl (although I have said this for years).

I was born and raised in Toronto where I went to medical school and residency and practiced until 1978 when I moved to southern California. In 1993 I again relocated my practice to the SF Bay Area. After 35 years of private practice and some 10,000 babies later I retired and opened a medical spa in my home town. Here I am enjoying myself doing all laser procedures as well as countless Botox and Juvederm injections. This gives me plenty of time to enjoy audio and video once again.

This site was started with the sole intent of creating a forum that is friendly, polite and non confrontational. It is our hope that we can continue the dialog re high end audio and video but with the premise that "What's Best" need not always be Ultra High End. We are also wanting to open the site up to discuss "What's Best In Everything Else" as this will give a good demographic to our readers as to what else we audiophiles and videophiles are raving about

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing