Listening chairs - the forgotten component

docvale

Mar 21, 2011
Briarcliff Manor, NY
I think my preferences for the perfect listening seating would be differently influences by comfort, context of use and aesthetics.

In terms of aesthetics, I find the Eames Lounge Chair and the Padded Chair amazing. My boss has the padded chair in his office, I tried it and it's also very very comfortable. I would honestly not be concerned by loooooong term comfort, as I could not stay sitting for that long anyway. Also, unless I'm doing some distracted listening, I mostly play vinyls and, accordingly, I cannot stay sitting continously :)
I looked to the Ekornes catalog, after reading on this forum about this brand for the first time. They may be the top for comfort, but not my piece of cake in terms of look. I found the Streesless Jazz the only one that had that lifestyle flavor that I like in modern furniture (rigorously IMHO).

In terms of use, my point changes a lot. Honestly, I wish I'll never become a guy that shuts himself alone in a listening room. I enjoy listening to music with my girlfriend and, in the future, I wish I'll do with my kids too. Accordingly, I'd like to have a sofa, which is probably less hot aesthetically but may play its role more appropriately.

Not to be critical to some members here (whose I envy a lot the overall look and content of the listening rooms) but I don't like the main chair in from of other seatings: too much "theater" to me.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing