H J s system !

GMKF

VIP/Donor
Aug 15, 2017
Munich
Yes those wheels on the back are there to go up the stairs. But they can only support 200kg.

These can go up to 350kg. But cant get up some stairs. Link
But with some ramps that should be possible.

Or get 4 strong guys and carry them up the stairs ;)

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
7281717_1 by andromeda61, on Flickr

7281717_3 by andromeda61, on Flickr

Looks like its gonna be something like this may be , high ceilings , with a " natural " somewhat diffuse character .

This one got away unfortunately it looks awesome , but with real estate /rent out prices as they are in holland/ amsterdam at the moment
im officially retired at 49 :D , brussels is not as expensive compared to amsterdam

ixelles 1 by andromeda61, on Flickr

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I ve rented a place in brussels , a maison de maitre , it has about 3,5 meter high ceilings / wooden floor, a house built around 1900 from bricks and large natural stone , with a dedicated audioroom as seen in the pics , it will need some acoustic treatment but empty it sounded already very promising
Plan is to become a dealer of a nice amplifier brand , pôssibly tubes and demonstrate with my own speakers and digital /tape

IMG_20180214_171456_1[1] by andromeda61, on Flickr

IMG_20180214_171447_5[1] by andromeda61, on Flickr

Last edited:

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I have Them playing now and i must say. Roomacoustics matter a lot , the term stressfree listening and the music being much more in focus , come to mind .
I ll post some pics of the. Room later they look great .
Very good sound upgrade

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Quick set up its An old brussels home and the ceiling must be 4 m high , sounds and. Feels very different then a concrete flat

GMKF

VIP/Donor
Aug 15, 2017
Munich
Very nice ! Congrats :cool:

Whats your opinion on Boulder vs CAT ?

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I like Both , builtqualty of Boulder is awesome .
Bottomend of the Boulder is the best from ss i have listened too exept maybe halcro monos.
But can sound a bit clinical coloured .
The cat is a truthmachine , sound s more natural and has formidabele grip for a tube amp.

kevinkwann

Oct 14, 2010
Kidneystone-on-Trent
You will quickly discover, if you haven't figured it out already, that bass resonances travel (and are amplified) in the direction of the floorboards, muddying the waters so to speak. Every time I've installed systems on a suspended wood floor, I've found that going "cross-timber" works best for bass. I'm guessing you don't have the option of a long-wall set-up.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Yeah i found out already , but with the volume s etting and construction quality of the speakers its tolerable .
And a 1900 s style house has also its own nce charateristics

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I have that option and will try that in the future.
And hell if my system doesnt sound good. Now .i have to go the expensive cable ,tweak route also

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing