Forum To Be Temporarily Down For Updates

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
A few things I have noted in the new update..

At the bottom of each thread is a list of members who have viewed it as well as "similar threads" which is what we had before

Also I just added Facebook features wherein a member can "like" a post and it goes to their Facebook account

Also if a member posts a response, a blog or a new thread, this too will go to your facebook account

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I hope it's just me, but I find the iPhone app horrible - I can't get past the main page showing the forums; how do you even search for new posts?

Steve Williams

I agree. I hate it. It is good for finding only a recent post but TBH I use the standard version. If you scroll to the bottom of the mobile home page there is a button that says "standard version" which got me back to where I wanted :)

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I agree. I hate it. It is good for finding only a recent post but TBH I use the standard version. If you scroll to the bottom of the mobile home page there is a button that says "standard version" which got me back to where I wanted :)

OK that helps, thanks. The other horrible thing is that you have to scroll to the bottom to be able to access the Logout link - I mean, come on...

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
OK it's the Full Version link

LesAuber

Jun 21, 2010
IPad and Safari work fine. Little cramped on an iPhone. I'll give the mobile app a try.

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
A few things I have noted in the new update..

At the bottom of each thread is a list of members who have viewed it as well as "similar threads" which is what we had before

Also I just added Facebook features wherein a member can "like" a post and it goes to their Facebook account

Also if a member posts a response, a blog or a new thread, this too will go to your facebook account
Can I disable the last part of this? It's a little "too" public :)

LesAuber

Jun 21, 2010
The new mobile app works well. I'd always found browsing the forum on a phone a little cramped. This solves that.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Couple points:

* Picture Albums: Is it working the way it supposed to?

* When you post an image, or that you use multiple features from the top tools line: It's not like before; it takes longer, it uses different routes, and you have to click multiple times to stay centered.
[Eg.; ABCDEFG ] <== See what I mean? ...Instead of ABCDEFG ---* Just quote me.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Couple points:

* When you post an image, or that you use multiple features from the top tools line: It's not like before; it takes longer, it uses different routes, and you have to click multiple times to stay centered.

Bob, I'm not quite getting what you are saying. Could you please clarify a bit?

Tom

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
The new mobile app works well. I'd always found browsing the forum on a phone a little cramped. This solves that.

Les where did u d/l app from?

Steve Williams

No download. This is vBulletin's Mobile App that comes with the new upgrade to version 4.2

Just access the forum via your smart phone. If the standard version comes up go back and delete your cookies and data from your browser and then reboot. Voila

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Couple points:

Somehow you have a size command there for the letter "C" Bob. Regardless, if you want to bold something, select the text first, then click on the style change, e.g. "B" for bold. That will insert the proper tags at the start and end. Somehow in yours you have a style change on every letter. That is not necessary. Same with all the other tags.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
To be clear, there is no app. The site software detects that you are using a mobile browser and uses a different template to present the forum to you. So there is nothing to download.

Thx Amir. Understood!

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Somehow you have a size command there for the letter "C" Bob. Regardless, if you want to bold something, select the text first, then click on the style change, e.g. "B" for bold. That will insert the proper tags at the start and end. Somehow in yours you have a style change on every letter. That is not necessary. Same with all the other tags.

Alright, I'll try that Amir. OK. Then; nope I don't get it.

See Amir, before when I was 'Bolding', plus Underlining, plus Sizing, plus Coloring, plus 'Italicing';
it was very easy.

Now, when I want to add all these together I have to click each time in the middle (Here)
=> [bold]*[/bold]

Tom, are you following?

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello, Bob.

I still do not understand what it is you are talking about. Works fine for me. All aspects.

Perhaps it's a setting issue with your computer, Bob. All is well here, as you can see. It took no time and I didn't get any "centering" issues.

????

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing