Forum To Be Temporarily Down For Updates

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Alright, I'll try that Amir. OK. Then; nope I don't get it.

See Amir, before when I was 'Bolding', plus Underlining, plus Sizing, plus Coloring, plus 'Italicing';
it was very easy.

Now, when I want to add all these together I have to click each time in the middle (Here)
=> [bold]*[/bold]

Tom, are you following?

Doubleclick on the word and it'll HIGHLIGHT that word for you to bold. If you want to BOLD a letter...you' have a create a space befor and after the letter, and then eliminate the spaces.

Did the upgrade change this?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I'll try to explain better:

OK, I want to bold a word, and also size it, and also italic it, and also color it. Like the word "Robert" for example.

* I click the letter B from the toolbar on top, but then, when getting to the next step to size it, the Size brackets go automatically at the very beginning of the Bold brackets! ..And same for the Italic brackets, and Color brackets.
=> I end up with something like that Robert[#3size][/#size][italic][/italic][bold][/bold]
[/COLOR]

Instead it should be Robert
--> But I had to click three (3) more times than before to get it! ...By clicking each time in the middle, between each pair of brackets!

Do you understand now?

EDIT: Yes John, the upgrade (version 4.2.0) did this (change it).

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Test:

I tried a bunch of things but to no avail.

* Before I didn't have that issue (now it just take more time that's all).
And I also don't have this small issue at other audio websites.

No biggie, but I just mentioned what I'm now experiencing. :b

I still can do all the things that I'm used to do, but with this new version it just takes more time.
Still though, I am very happy with all the features we have. ...Because we do have more than before now. :b

Lol, I'm just a perfectionist! :D Can you tell?

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Just highlight the letter and make the changes.

There is a problem however. It won't allow you to highlight the LAST letter at the end of a sentence when that sentence ends with a period.

Maybe not...maybe your cursor from RIGHT to LEFT and you should have complete control (I think).....think backwards

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Robert

Works fine here, Bob. I don't know what to say?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Robert

Works fine here, Bob. I don't know what to say?

Tom, how many clicks all together to get this: Robert ?

==> 9 clicks all together for me (and before it took me 6 clicks).

* It seems to me that you guys aren't catching yet. ...Or that my PC is screwed! :D
{It could very well be you know...}

Last edited:

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Robert

Bob, the above took one mouse click for every effect: Color, Size, Italic and Bold. I only selected the text once with the mouse and then hit the different effects and they all fall in place correctly.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Ok Amir, that should have been 6 clicks all together, because to write the first letter "R" doesn't count.
And remember, when you choose the size that's two clicks (Size and Size #), and same for the color.

* But now it takes me 9 clicks of the mouse.
I explained very well few posts back what it does now, as compared to before.

And like I said, no biggie, but the fact remains that it now takes more time (more clicks by repositioning the mouse cursor between each pair of brackets from the B, I, U, Size & Size#, Color & Color specificity, Font & Font genre.

*** Before, with the older version, none of that was necessary; it was automatically positioned at the right center spot (between each pair of brackets, and not at the beginning like it does now).

Are you following me Amir? And if you do, am I right or wrong? :b

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Robert

5 total clicks (if you count the size button & selecting size) once the word was highlighted.

Lee

OK then I got a problem on my end.

* Lee, it should have been 6 clicks (two cliks also for the color). Check again you'll see.

TEST:

Robert = 9 clicks for me.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
One more thing:

Albums; my pictures from my albums,
they are only visible now when clicking on a specific title from each square (as full size).

Before they were all visible together from each album, as smaller pictures on a single page.
Now only the titles appear, and you have to click on each title to see one picture at a time,
and as full size.

Did you guys notice the same thing on your end?

EDIT: ...Or perhaps I'm mistaking ...

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Any chance we could get the Search function to take you straight to the lines that have the highlighted words you were searching for? At the moment, it takes you to the list of Threads...and starts at the beginning, so you have to page down, page down, page down, until you find the highlighted word. Would be easier (i think) to see a list of threads with a few 'clips' from the highlighted sentence under each Thread...then when you click on it...it takes you straight to that line.

i am sure there are many ways to do this...just a thought. thanks.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I don't get it guys. The things upon which you perseverate seem so mundane and trivial in the great scheme of things

-----You Doctor are absolutely right.

But this being an Internet forum with people's feedback on new changes, here we are. :b :D

Steve, truly, this is a great site, and everything is spic&span duddly tourlour, meaning just fine.
Don't sweat the small stuff that others don't sweat either. :b

* You are still learning from us about the small differences between the new upgrade and the past system. Some good is in both the past and the present systems.
And the future I hope will be the very Best. :b
But today, right here at WBF website, I am totally satisfy and happy in the way things are running (from those new great updates).

It is normal that on the Internet we are becoming more responsible, outspoken, ideas sharing, and freely open to talk about changes .... Here, and everywhere.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing