Alexandria X-2 Series 2 Delivery and Install

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
It was an ordeal getting the bass cabinets in my basement. The guys at Paragon did a fantastic job. :)

Out with the old...W/P 8's

In with the new...Almandine Black

These speakers sound so good they bring tears to my eyes. I have never been closer to the live performance. :cool:

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
congrats Christian. Welcome to the epitome of great music. I know the color well.

Did they find that using the same footprint of your WP8 gave the best result

Pretty much the same foot print. I must of set the W/P's up well. The room proved to have a good flat frequency repsonse so set up (propogation delay) was pretty fast and easy.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Christian, the X-2's are incredibly easy to set up. In fact I set mine up by myself several years ago in under 2 hours. My footprint is virtually identical for every Wilson speaker I have owned (WP 5.1, WP 6, Maxx l, X-1 series ll, X-2 series l and now my X-2 series ll

Steve Williams

8 feet tweeter center to tweeter center... about 9 feet back to the listening position.

mine are 11 feet tweeter to tweeter and ~ 12.5 feet to listening position.

I was noticing your set up and wasn't sure if you took the photo in the sitting position or behind the sitting position, only because I wondered if the toe in was somewhat too extreme

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
mine are 11 feet tweeter to tweeter and ~ 12.5 feet to listening position.

I was noticing your set up and wasn't sure if you took the photo in the sitting position or behind the sitting position, only because I wondered if the toe in was somewhat too extreme

The shot was from behind the chair so the toe appears more extreme than it really is.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I thought so as I felt the left speaker especially looked somewhat over toed

What is you ceiling height and room dimensions again

The room is 16 feet deep with a ceiling height of 7.5 feet except where the vent duct soffet on the right side where it dips to 78 inches. The effective width for my first reflection zone absorption (left & right) is 16 feet, The room extends 10 feet beyond that on the left and 20 feet on the right. I use the bass crates on the right to make my listening zone somewhat symetrical. It's a near field listening position.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Congratulations Christian,

I envy you - you are receiving speakers already burn-in! You can immediately start enjoying and fine tuning them. :cool:
And they look really great.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Congratulations! What a bargain price for such speakers... "tears" pretty much sums it up well for us... Let's have more details on the sound when you get a chance.

Steve Williams

Congratulations! What a bargain price for such speakers... "tears" pretty much sums it up well for us... Let's have more details on the sound when you get a chance.

Chtristian, are you running any subs in the system

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing