Totaldac Reference D1

paul79

Nov 2, 2014
OK, USA
www.manymoonsaudio.com
Another better option for a bit more money IMO, would be the Auralic Aries. The latest firmware update took this to a new place entirely! I always knew it had potential, and am very glad to see that finally realized.

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
At the risk of sounding repetitive I must say I am really amazed by this latest d1 server update. With the additional power supply feeding the server everything is just so much more real. It's extraordinary to think that such a simple upgrade could have such a big impact. I wonder if we will start seeing other streamers and renderers using multiple external power supplies.

Guillaume

Last edited:

Gladiator

Oct 8, 2015
I have been trying out the MUTEC USB Smart clock and it provided some improvement on what was already very good sound. Vincent has also located a Totaldac Reclocker for me and i can't wait to try it out. Over the next month or so I will be experimenting on three scenerios:- 1) PC->MUTEC->Totaldac 2) PC->Totaldac Reclocker->Totaldac and lastly 3) PC->MUTEC->Totaldac Reclocker->Totaldac. I wonder what combination/path others are using. Also any comments or suggestions please share.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
I have been trying out the MUTEC USB Smart clock and it provided some improvement on what was already very good sound. Vincent has also located a Totaldac Reclocker for me and i can't wait to try it out. Over the next month or so I will be experimenting on three scenerios:- 1) PC->MUTEC->Totaldac 2) PC->Totaldac Reclocker->Totaldac and lastly 3) PC->MUTEC->Totaldac Reclocker->Totaldac. I wonder what combination/path others are using. Also any comments or suggestions please share.

Very interesting experiment. Eager to read the result.

BTW the Mutec has a BNC external clock input for further improving its accuracy.

The Cybershaft 10M external clocks may be the most suitable candidtes : http://www.cybershaft.jp/overseas01.html

According the the discussion here, Cybershaft have impeccable C/P ratios (#30 at http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f...ium-clock-low-priced-option-28317/index2.html )

Gladiator

Oct 8, 2015
Very interesting experiment. Eager to read the result.

BTW the Mutec has a BNC external clock input for further improving its accuracy.

The Cybershaft 10M external clocks may be the most suitable candidtes : http://www.cybershaft.jp/overseas01.html

According the the discussion here, Cybershaft have impeccable C/P ratios (#30 at http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f...ium-clock-low-priced-option-28317/index2.html )

Very intresting. I will look into this. Thanks.

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada

tsaett

May 20, 2014
Cologne
No question, TotalDAC six first, T+A second and Lampi Level4 balanced third.

As always, only in my system and YMMV.
But as I wrote, on some material (live recordings, pop/rock titels, electronic,...) the T+A would be first. Jazz and classical - TotalDAC without a doubt.

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada
No question, TotalDAC six first, T+A second and Lampi Level4 balanced third.

As always, only in my system and YMMV.
But as I wrote, on some material (live recordings, pop/rock titels, electronic,...) the T+A would be first. Jazz and classical - TotalDAC without a doubt.

Thanks tsaett!

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia

I tried to use it (I still have MUTEC Smart clock) w/out the USB interface (I used Alpha USB as USB interface) feeding the Reclocker.
Great machine with a great SQ/price ratio, but definitely not comparable to the refinement reached by the use of Reclocker alone.
It would be rather interesting if Vincent would add an ethernet input to reclocker

totaldac

Industry Expert
Aug 17, 2012
France
www.totaldac.com
I tried to use it (I still have MUTEC Smart clock) w/out the USB interface (I used Alpha USB as USB interface) feeding the Reclocker.
Great machine with a great SQ/price ratio, but definitely not comparable to the refinement reached by the use of Reclocker alone.
It would be rather interesting if Vincent would add an ethernet input to reclocker

Hi,
The reclocker can be supplied with an ethernet cable, in this case it is called d1-server.

This d1-server will be in demo in Paris hifi show end November, together with d1-twelve or d1-core and feeding an Absolare Integrated Signature amplifier.

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
Hi,
The reclocker can be supplied with an ethernet cable, in this case it is called d1-server.

This d1-server will be in demo in Paris hifi show end November, together with d1-twelve or d1-core and feeding an Absolare Integrated Signature amplifier.

And I can confirm that is a wonderful combination! Running my d1 server and d1-six into an Absolare Integrated Signature here. :)

Guillaume

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
Hi,

I'm trying to arrange my meeting in Paris to come to the "Salon Haute Fidélité"
see you soon Vincent.

totaldac

Industry Expert
Aug 17, 2012
France
www.totaldac.com
Hi all,
For those who would like to listen to the latest totaldac sources or listen to the totaldac speakers you will be welcome at the Munich shows!

Totaldac will be at the HIFIDELUXE hifi show the 18th, 19th and 20th of May 2017 in Munich, Marriott hotel, in a 123sqm room.
The totaldac d150 speakers and a totaldac digital source will be used. I will be personally there.

A totaldac source will also be in the High End show the 18th, 19th, 20th and 21st of May 2017 in Munich in these 3 rooms:
-room E216 with Absolare amplifiers and Echole cables
-room F219 with Engstrom&Engstrom amplifiers and Bibacord cables
-room F231e with VinylSavor amplifiers from Thomas Mayer

VPN

VIP/Donor
Dec 28, 2013
Vincent,

I will be going to Munich and wonder if you will bring a Totaldac Twelve SE and offer a comparison of the sound with and without the output stage engaged. I am quite curious to hear the difference.
Cheers,

Vicente

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing