Totaldac Reference D1

totaldac

Industry Expert
Aug 17, 2012
France
www.totaldac.com
Here is the update about the 5 systems in demo in Munich:

Totaldac will be at the HIFIDELUXE hifi show the 18th, 19th and 20th of May 2017 in Munich, Marriott hotel, Berliner Strasse, salon A (a 123sqm room).
Vincent Brient will be personally there, demoing a speaker system:
-Totaldac d1-server + d1-twelve-SE digital source
-Absolare Integrated amplifier, highest end version
-Totaldac, Echole and Bibacord cables
-Totaldac d150 speakers + subwoofers

A d1-integral-headphone with bass boost option will also be used to drive a Meze 99 Classics headphone and a Focal Utopia headphone.

A totaldac source will also be in the High End show the 18th, 19th, 20th and 21st of May 2017 in Munich in these 3 rooms:
-room E214 with Absolare amplifiers and Echole cables, demoing Totaldac d1-server + d1-twelve-SE
-room F219 with Engstrom&Engstrom amplifiers and Bibacord cables, demoing Totaldac d1-server + d1-twelve-SE
-room F231e with VinylSavor amplifiers from Thomas Mayer, demoing Totaldac d1-server + d1-core

Last edited:

totaldac

Industry Expert
Aug 17, 2012
France
www.totaldac.com

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
Very interesting experiment. Eager to read the result.

BTW the Mutec has a BNC external clock input for further improving its accuracy.

The Cybershaft 10M external clocks may be the most suitable candidtes : http://www.cybershaft.jp/overseas01.html

According the the discussion here, Cybershaft have impeccable C/P ratios (#30 at http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f...ium-clock-low-priced-option-28317/index2.html )

+1 on Cybershaft products of which I am a very happy owner of the dual master clock (Rb and OCXO sides) though I now exclusively use the OCXO side; I am also testing another Cybershaft clock that I am very happy with as well.
The link above is not working so try this;

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/27650-cybershaft-rubidium-clocklow-priced-option/

Elberoth, myself and a few others own Cybershaft's products and they are of great quality, price and performance.....glad to answer any questions that I can.

totaldac

Industry Expert
Aug 17, 2012
France
www.totaldac.com

totaldac

Industry Expert
Aug 17, 2012
France
www.totaldac.com
Note that there was an absolare Integrated amplifier in this room, and that there was a Totaldac DAC in the official Absolare/Rockport room.

john925

May 3, 2013
you have to use a signal spare connector. You have to use a dedicated Ground Cable.
For Totaldac you have to use output spare, because of input are disconnected when not used (Totaldac is a serious project).
Concerning sonic benefits: you have more palpable bass, D1's harmonics are magnified, music is a little more fluid.
Price vary from 200 through 3.000 Euro.
Look here http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?11995-Entreq-Tellus-grounding/page118

hi,

what ground cables are you using? And on which connector of Totaldac are you connecting to the ground box? Thanks.

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
hi,

what ground cables are you using? And on which connector of Totaldac are you connecting to the ground box? Thanks.

Hi John,
I use Atlantis Eartha Female XLR for my D1 Reclocker and Atlantis Eartha RCA for my D1 Dual.
Cable choise is really system dependant, so I suggest you to try, if you can, different solutions.
First time I've installed Atlantis cable on D1 Dual and Silver Tellus I didn't liked so much, too dark and compressed soudstage, but after the replacement with Poseidon I was completely satisfied.

cat6man

Feb 6, 2013
west of NYC, east of SF
I am in Paris and will be visiting Vincent/TotalDAC on Monday.
He will be upgrading my d1-dual to a d1-six (plus adding the DSD capability).
I hope to get a listen to the d1-twelve and his horn speakers.

Anyone have questions you'd like me to pose to him?

paul79

Nov 2, 2014
OK, USA
www.manymoonsaudio.com
I am curious to his evaluation methods for all outgoing product. How he does it.
What the Twelve does for digital is quite remarkable. You are in for a treat I think. There is just nothing wrong with it, and so much amazement.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Totaldac Twelve is among the three DAC I like most. It's magical and fatally involving!
Pairing it with SGMS2015, my friends and I opine that most Totaldac models perform best at 24/176.4. Please tell us your preference after the demo.
:)

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
I am in Paris and will be visiting Vincent/TotalDAC on Monday.
He will be upgrading my d1-dual to a d1-six (plus adding the DSD capability).
I hope to get a listen to the d1-twelve and his horn speakers.

Anyone have questions you'd like me to pose to him?

Hello cat6man,

Please ask Vincent about his new product plans.

dCS has launched the Vivaldi One, returning to "simple is Beautiful".
The Totaldac Twelve has magical sound but is rather clumsy in 6 pieces or 4 pieces.

Many thanks!

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
Hello cat6man,

Please ask Vincent about his new product plans.

dCS has launched the Vivaldi One, returning to "simple is Beautiful".
The Totaldac Twelve has magical sound but is rather clumsy in 6 pieces or 4 pieces.

Many thanks!

See your point, and agreed more boxes is messy / a size issue. BUT the best (highest levels) of most DACs in a manufacturers range are often 2 or 3 boxes just for the DAC. As you go up in quality they tend to prefer a large power supply and isolation for the sensitive digital circuits. Examples are dCS, Audio Note Fifth Element, Aries Cerat Kassandra Signature, MSB Select inc 2 x mono PS, Soulution 746.

cat6man

Feb 6, 2013
west of NYC, east of SF
I'll say a bit more later (when my brain cells join me in this time zone) but thought I'd mention that Vincent is planning (for the fall) a d1-seven to fill the gap between the six and twelve.
It will be a six ladder, single box dac (like the d1-six) but with enhancements like the improved output stage found in the twelve.

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
Totaldac Twelve is among the three DAC I like most. It's magical and fatally involving!
Pairing it with SGMS2015, my friends and I opine that most Totaldac models perform best at 24/176.4. Please tell us your preference after the demo.
:)

Interesting. Can I ask what the Three DACs are please. ;)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
See your point, and agreed more boxes is messy / a size issue. BUT the best (highest levels) of most DACs in a manufacturers range are often 2 or 3 boxes just for the DAC. As you go up in quality they tend to prefer a large power supply and isolation for the sensitive digital circuits. Examples are dCS, Audio Note Fifth Element, Aries Cerat Kassandra Signature, MSB Select inc 2 x mono PS, Soulution 746.

Interesting...that reminds me of my Zanden which is 2-box for the DAC and 2-box for the transport. There are 5 individual PSUs inside the transport PSU box i believe, similar to Metronome Kalista.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing