Page 64 of 71 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071 LastLast

Thread: Totaldac Reference D1

Enjoy too !! Iamrael.

and Jeffy, yes ! I noticed that these DACs need a few days to develop their full expression, 2 or 3 days sometimes more.
    the first hours can be scary, sharp and tight then everything gradually relaxes

and no, I never changed this fuses ... is it important?

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by BF38 View Post
    Enjoy too !! Iamrael.

and Jeffy, yes ! I noticed that these DACs need a few days to develop their full expression, 2 or 3 days sometimes more.
    the first hours can be scary, sharp and tight then everything gradually relaxes
    and no, I never changed this fuses ... is it important?
    Important of course!
    Cost of Audiophile fuses is affordable and the resulting effect is large. Completely reversible. Why not?

There are many brands to choose from.
    In Hong Kong the new Synergistic Research Blue fuse is currently popular. http://www.synergisticresearch.com/fuses/blue/

There is even a better but much more expensive CRAZY fuse - Brimar Audio fuse. http://www.hiendy.com/hififorum/foru...ead&tid=106840 Dare to try?

BTW the direction of the fuse affects the performance. Please test both directions.
    ARC 40 Anniv preamp, MC2 S1400 monoblocks, Magico S5 speaker, CAS with MSB Platinum IV Plus dac, MSB UMT Plus & Signature Transport Powerbase, Furman isolation transformer.

I like the Furutech fuses.

I recently purchased the second power supply unit(PSU) kit for my d1-server together with the USB Gigafilter cable/filter which I use to connect the USB port from the cubox board at the back of the server to the server reclocker's USB port. Installation of the second PSU was straightforward thanks to Vincent's instruction manual.
    Having lived with the two upgrades for a week or so, I just wanted to share my impressions. I have the 3 unit d1-twelve DAC which drives my Pass Labs power amps directly.
    The first thing I noticed was a significant improvement in image focus and solidarity: instruments seemed much "tighter" and better defined in space. Resolution also increased, allowing me to hear previously inaudible details. Moreover, as I listened more, it became clear that the intensity and contrast of tonal colour and timbre were significantly improved. At the frequency extremes, bass was subjectively more extended and more tuneful, while treble was cleaner and sweeter with less "hash" on those less-than-perfect digital recordings.
    Overall, a significant improvement in sound quality and well worth the investment, in my opinion. I haven't tried to ascertain how much of the improvement is due to the second PSU and how much the Gigafilter, but taken together I can't imagine anyone being disappointed if you decide to upgrade. I hope this was helpful.
    Now if anyone's in the market for a used standard USB cable/filter, let me know!

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish07 View Post
    I recently purchased the second power supply unit(PSU) kit for my d1-server together with the USB Gigafilter cable/filter which I use to connect the USB port from the cubox board at the back of the server to the server reclocker's USB port. Installation of the second PSU was straightforward thanks to Vincent's instruction manual.
    Having lived with the two upgrades for a week or so, I just wanted to share my impressions. I have the 3 unit d1-twelve DAC which drives my Pass Labs power amps directly.
    The first thing I noticed was a significant improvement in image focus and solidarity: instruments seemed much "tighter" and better defined in space. Resolution also increased, allowing me to hear previously inaudible details. Moreover, as I listened more, it became clear that the intensity and contrast of tonal colour and timbre were significantly improved. At the frequency extremes, bass was subjectively more extended and more tuneful, while treble was cleaner and sweeter with less "hash" on those less-than-perfect digital recordings.
    Overall, a significant improvement in sound quality and well worth the investment, in my opinion. I haven't tried to ascertain how much of the improvement is due to the second PSU and how much the Gigafilter, but taken together I can't imagine anyone being disappointed if you decide to upgrade. I hope this was helpful.
    Now if anyone's in the market for a used standard USB cable/filter, let me know!
    Congratulation!
    Concerning the Totaldac Gigafilter usb cable, I borrowed it for home trial last week. Excellent performance.
    I rank it on par with my favourite usb cable - Vertere HB V3.
    The latter has a bit more resolution whereas Gigafilter is richer in midrange and upper bass.
    They suit diff systems and taste.
    ARC 40 Anniv preamp, MC2 S1400 monoblocks, Magico S5 speaker, CAS with MSB Platinum IV Plus dac, MSB UMT Plus & Signature Transport Powerbase, Furman isolation transformer.

Congrats too,
    tonal balance offered by the Totaldac USB Gigafilter is, also, definitely exceptional on my system !
    And for my personal feeling, the musical impact of USB Gigafilter is a little bit more "meaningfull" than the second server PSU
    but their association is a really essential upgrade... so stunning !

Be well with music.
    Totaldac d1-server / d1-direct / Absolare Integrated Altius / Totaldac d150 + sub
    cords : digital Bibacord / analog & speakers Echole.

oups
    Totaldac d1-server / d1-direct / Absolare Integrated Altius / Totaldac d150 + sub
    cords : digital Bibacord / analog & speakers Echole.

A review of d1-seven has been released, with a comparison to d1-six:
    http://www.monoandstereo.com/2017/12...-part-one.html

Name:  totaldac_seven_dac_review_2017_2018_matej_isak_mono_and_stereo_%u00252B-%u00252B1-1.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  220.9 KB

Curious if anyone compared no cable (just USB to USB ~3" adapter) to the new Totaldac cable. I have the original cable and no cable is better.
    3x20A circuits | PS Audio PPP | Music PC (DEQ, HQPlayer, Roon) | HDPLex LPSU -> UltraCap LPS-1 -> Sonore Ultrarendu D->D | Aqua Acoustic Quality Formula DAC | Purity Audio Silver Statement preamp | Wells Audio Innamorata amp (mid/tweet) | Musical Fidelity A3CR amp (woofers)| Usher BE20D speakers with GR Research upgrade | 2: JL Audio F113 subs | JPS Labs SC3 ICs + Aluminata/SC2 SCs | Stillpoints, BD cones | Custom birch rack | Fully treated + dedicated 2 channel room)

Hi all,
    A review of the d1-seven by Audiostream (belongs to Stereophile) has been released: https://www.audiostream.com/content/totaldac-d1-seven

"Here are my first impressions: Wow
    The d1-seven is by far one of the most stunning DACs I've had the pleasure to hear my music through.
    The totaldac d1-seven excels at reproducing music's life, energy, and delicate nuance.
    Once seated, there's a lock-in into the space and time of the recording that is at once addictive and entrancing.
    Every aspect of a recording-space, sounds, movement, texture, color, meaning- are conveyed with an uncanny realness.
    Come to think of it, rightness may be the better word.
    If you want to hear your file-based music at its best, at the peak of its acoustic power, I recommend the totaldac d1-seven as your guide."

Page 64 of 71 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071 LastLast