Stylus cleaner advice please..

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
Thanks for all the good info gentlemen. Those of you who use the magic eraser, would you please comment on how you physically use it? There's a youtube demo video and the guy simply drops the stylus down on the pad repeatedly then lastly moves the eraser slightly forward while in contact with the stylus. Is that how you do it as well? Thanks.

andi

Apr 9, 2012
Germany
As Christian already posted:
http://www.high-endaudio.com/Magic.html

For me the "risky" method works best. I use small slices like a brush. Moving it from the back to the front.
But do some training on an old cart to get the feeling for it. Look to the stylus before and after through a magnifier. You should see the benefit.
But be carefull, carefull and more carefull

Andreas

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
As Christian already posted:
http://www.high-endaudio.com/Magic.html

For me the "risky" method works best. I use small slices like a brush. Moving it from the back to the front.
But do some training on an old cart to get the feeling for it. Look to the stylus before and after through a magnifier. You should see the benefit.
But be carefull, carefull and more carefull

Andreas

Especially on a $10,000 cartridge. No oops there :)

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
Inexpensive being a relative term here on WBF. Anything less than 5 grand I'm guessing :confused:

catastrofe

Feb 17, 2012
Saint Louis
Thanks for all the good info gentlemen. Those of you who use the magic eraser, would you please comment on how you physically use it? There's a youtube demo video and the guy simply drops the stylus down on the pad repeatedly then lastly moves the eraser slightly forward while in contact with the stylus. Is that how you do it as well? Thanks.

Gavin, I place a piece of ME on my TT platter, and use the tonearm cueing device to raise/lower the stylus so that it settles on the ME. 3 or 4 "dips" does the trick. I don't move the ME forward while in contact with the stylus...don't need a stylus replacement quite yet!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing