Playback Designs MPS-3 inside

Mike

VIP/Donor
Jan 28, 2012
Madison, New Jersey
I was wondering if someone can help me. I am completely ignorant of electronics. I have received the MPS-3 CD player and have some questions.

Voltage
The unit comes with a 110V power cord. The manual for the player states that "The AC voltage supplied to the unit should match the voltage rating indicated on the real panel". The rear panel has an orange sticker with "110 volts only". I live in New Jersey, and I thought that the mains wall outlet is 120 V. What do I do?

I have two Transparent Musiclink Super connects. Do these connect the CD player to the amp (I have a McIntosh 6600 integrated amp)? If yes, does it matter which connect goes to the left or the right analog output in the CD player? Also, where to connect on the rear of the amp? I will need to get this off the rack to see the rear, but that will be a little later, since I am unable to lift it due to having recently broken my elbow.

Discs

The manual states that playing an SA-CD (among other non- redbook cds) may result in loud noises and may damage your speakers and your hearing. I thought that the player played the cd layer of SA-CDs.

Sorry for the most naive questions imaginable. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Mike

VIP/Donor
Jan 28, 2012
Madison, New Jersey
I was wondering if someone can help me. I am completely ignorant of electronics. I have received the MPS-3 CD player and have some questions.

Voltage
The unit comes with a 110V power cord. The manual for the player states that "The AC voltage supplied to the unit should match the voltage rating indicated on the real panel". The rear panel has an orange sticker with "110 volts only". I live in New Jersey, and I thought that the mains wall outlet is 120 V. What do I do?

I have two Transparent Musiclink Super connects. Do these connect the CD player to the amp (I have a McIntosh 6600 integrated amp)? If yes, does it matter which connect goes to the left or the right analog output in the CD player? Also, where to connect on the rear of the amp? I will need to get this off the rack to see the rear, but that will be a little later, since I am unable to lift it due to having recently broken my elbow.

Discs

The manual states that playing an SA-CD (among other non- redbook cds) may result in loud noises and may damage your speakers and your hearing. I thought that the player played the cd layer of SA-CDs.

Sorry for the most naive questions imaginable. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

I got it set up. Nice stuff.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing